Author Topic: sup  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
sup
« on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:28:19 »
The time has come for me to stop lurking. Hello everyone!

My journey into the land of keyboards and pretty plastic has only begun fairly recently, so I'm very happy that I've found this awesome community.

It all started with my addiction to ASMR videos on Youtube (Google it). I received mad tingles from keyboards with Cherry MX Blue switches so I decided I should get one myself. As most of us '12-ers I started with a Razer BWU. It broke after a few months so I decided to buy a Filco instead. Now I just ordered another Filco last week and I'm already considering buying a GON custom... As for the key caps I'm completely addicted, this hobby thing only started a few months ago and I have no idea what to do with all these caps. Disposable income apparently equals buying eternal amounts of small pieces of plastic.

Aaanyways, so far I've met a few of you on the IRC channel and I've listened to some of the podcasts. It seems like you're all a cool bunch. I'm happy to be here and I hope this hobby won't last too long because I'll go bankrupt. I'm sure I'll meet most of you soon one way or another :D.

For now I would like to say Hi! and greetings from far away Amsterdam. If you need something from here, just holler and pls send brobots.

Please try to ignore the double spaces here and there, I've tried to correct them but the point remains that this BWU is ****.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Re: sup
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:31:39 »
Welcome!

I'm in a similar boat as you. Started on all this stuff in November and have spent quite a bit too much on it since then. I thought I was comfortable with all I had acquired, but new and exciting stuff seems to pop up every other day. Gotta pace myself if I'm going to make it through the year…

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:38:12 »
Welcome!

I'm in a similar boat as you. Started on all this stuff in November and have spent quite a bit too much on it since then. I thought I was comfortable with all I had acquired, but new and exciting stuff seems to pop up every other day. Gotta pace myself if I'm going to make it through the year…
Thank you! And you're completely right. I've got no idea how to handle my usually awesome budgeting when it comes to this hobby...

Bonus pic of the Filco! Sorry for quality  :-[

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:46:55 »
Welcome to GH!

Keep buying moar keyboards.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 20:39:30 »
Welcome to wallet hack!
Welcome!

Thank you! And you're completely right. I've got no idea how to handle my usually awesome budgeting when it comes to this hobby...

Bonus pic of the Filco! Sorry for quality  :-[

Show Image

You're already started!

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 09:25:26 »
Welcome to GH!

Keep buying moar keyboards.
Thanks!

Currently buying up typewriters with mx compatible caps on local auction site.... SOMEBODY HELP ME

Offline kubomipixel

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 12:08:34 »
I will follow you out of the shadows and say 'hi'.

Where do you get the signature keyboard graphics?

Some sort of generator?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 12:33:46 »
Its a stickied thread in Media.

Offline kubomipixel

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 13:23:23 »
Its a stickied thread in Media.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:32:21 »
Right, so I just ordered a HHKB before my second Filco even arrived ugh... How do you guys afford this ****?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:57:59 »
Right, so I just ordered a HHKB before my second Filco even arrived ugh... How do you guys afford this ****?

Who says we can afford it?