Author Topic: Mech nub from the UK!  (Read 1808 times)

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
Mech nub from the UK!
« on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 06:22:53 »
Greetings all.

After deciding that my Apple Ultra Thin USB KB was not cutting the mustard anymore, I went ahead and purchased a custom TKL from WASD (Which hasn't arrived yet)

Then 3 days after ordering a WASD V2, I ordered a Poker II w/ Reds from Pexon PCs  :))

In two minds as to whether I should sell the WASD (The total cost is scaring me a bit at £134 - That's WITHOUT the inevitable import tax) I may put an ad on here if anybody is interested

Anyways, see you around :)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Re: Mech nub from the UK!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 07:51:50 »
Welcome to GH!

Those are great keyboards that you've ordered. You'll be very happy with them. Keep in mind also that many people on this forum have multiple keyboards, so don't feel too bad about having 2 ;)

Offline osi

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 07:58:35 »
Welcome sir! Way to throw yourself right in there. What's your WASD v2 going to look like?--if you went with a custom layout/color scheme

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 08:26:25 »
UK! UK! UK!

;D

With regards to selling, once you have past the 60 post count to do so, you can post in the classifieds :) But more boards the better!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 09:17:43 »
This is the layout which I went for (Being a noob I ordered the US layout) - But I kinda like the smaller enter key :p

Offline osi

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 09:19:47 »
This is the layout which I went for (Being a noob I ordered the US layout) - But I kinda like the smaller enter key :p

Nice!

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 09:27:08 »

Nice!

Thanks  ;D - It may end up at work, as I'm using the worst Microsoft keyboard in history (Although my WPM is 91 on it)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 10:00:02 »

It's better overall if you get used to US ANSI, because it's much easier to get keyboards and keycaps etc in that layout. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 10:37:55 »

It's better overall if you get used to US ANSI, because it's much easier to get keyboards and keycaps etc in that layout. :)

And it's more ergonomic (your hands have to stretch less to hit shift and enter).
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:41:40 »
Hopefully it will be a nice transition! What would a noob do about his £ key not being present on his shiny new Poker II?

Offline QWERTim

• QWERKeys
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 15:55:57 »
Greetings from QWERkeys!

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 11:00:14 »
So my wonderful Poker II arrived today from Pexon PC's :p

I'll get some pictures up of the unboxing!