Author Topic: Use capital letters at the start of your sentences.  (Read 11532 times)

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
Use capital letters at the start of your sentences.
« on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 15:52:50 »
Seriously, guys.  It makes it easier to read a block of text.  I am sure this why we use capital letters in the first place.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: Use capital letters at the start of your sentences.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 15:55:36 »
Yes.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 15:59:52 »
Sorry, I know I am horrible about that especially when it is only a one scentance reply.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:02:45 »
but some of us don't like using shift or caps lock and also those pesky punctuation keys  arent in good places to hit while typing its also a good idea to use paragraphs and stuff like that instead of having blocks of text but i think sometimes people just get excited and have to post whats in their head before its gone forever i really dont put much effort into peeling or using words rightly all the time some people are grammar nazis though and if your one of those then reading posts on an internet forum might bother you i just like using my keyboards no matter what i type i even volunteer to type up a list of employess the other day for the hr guy because he is old and doesnt type good at all

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:04:20 »
Ray pls.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:09:20 »
but some of us don't like using shift or caps lock and also those pesky punctuation keys  arent in good places to hit while typing its also a good idea to use paragraphs and stuff like that instead of having blocks of text but i think sometimes people just get excited and have to post whats in their head before its gone forever i really dont put much effort into peeling or using words rightly all the time some people are grammar nazis though and if your one of those then reading posts on an internet forum might bother you i just like using my keyboards no matter what i type i even volunteer to type up a list of employess the other day for the hr guy because he is old and doesnt type good at all

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:13:01 »
Ray pls.

whats up tym how goes it on youre side of the pond

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:33:27 »

Thanks James Frey.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:40:07 »
nope

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:42:49 »
Ray pls.

You make me feel sooo dirty :3

And wet, and windy. **** weather really...
100 Mph windys by me, worse down south, poor bastards.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:44:41 »
Ray pls.

You make me feel sooo dirty :3

And wet, and windy. **** weather really...
100 Mph windys by me, worse down south, poor bastards.

wow thats some serious windage, around here once it gets to 40Mph+ people start freaking out

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:49:27 »
And learn the difference between you're and your ffs.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:51:47 »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:51:59 »
your so funny demik

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 16:55:27 »

No, one thing is being a grammar Nazi. Another is not knowing the difference between you're and your. I mean, seriously, this is grade school level ****. I've always seen grammar Nazis as people that complain about run on sentences, lack of punctuation, using the wrong punctuation (for example, when to use colon and semi-colon). 

your so funny demik

*shakes fists in the air*

Offline thesentinel

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 17:02:01 »
I only capitalize the first letter if there's more sentences following it or if the first letter is an i
Keyboards are the only thing keeping me from consuming human flesh.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 19:01:44 »

Another is not knowing the difference between you're and your. I mean, seriously, this is grade school level ****. I've always seen grammar Nazis as people that complain about run on sentences, lack of punctuation, using the wrong punctuation (for example, when to use colon and semi-colon). 

Everyone should read "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves" if you are capable of reading a book, that is.

As an American (US, that is, Canadians are probably much closer to Olde Mum Angleterre in this) it made me realize that proper English punctuation is often superior, although I still prefer US spelling (how many times does the letter "i" occur in the name of the element "aluminum" and what vowel is in the name of the color (a word lacking in a "u") that is a mixture of black and white?).
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 19:04:26 »
Twice and grey.

Problem slivered ;D

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 19:09:32 »
Diz is da Interwebzs.
Mkay?
Proper Engbish is unneccessario.

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 19:38:16 »
As an American (US, that is, Canadians are probably much closer to Olde Mum Angleterre in this) it made me realize that proper English punctuation is often superior, although I still prefer US spelling (how many times does the letter "i" occur in the name of the element "aluminum"

Haha, did you pick that example on purpose? :D

We pronounce that extra 'i'. We found it. We named it. Followed a logical pattern, no less! You don't say Chromum, do you?!

The English chemist Sir Humphrey Davy underlined the existence of the element arguing that "alum" was the salt of an unknown metal which he said should be called ‘alumium’. The name was respelt as the more pleasant sounding ‘aluminium’ by later scientists. Davy tried unsuccessfully to produce aluminium by electrolysing a fused mixture of aluminium oxide and potash.

edit: Oh Cock. The etymology of Aluminum is far more convoluted than that, apparently!
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2014, 03:02:40 by Soarer »

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 00:58:01 »
Seriously, guys.  It makes it easier to read a block of text.  I am sure this why we use capital letters in the first place.
no.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 01:05:45 »
This feeds the trolls.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 02:35:39 »
real writers dont use punctuation if it was hard to write it should be hard to read
🍉

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 02:57:59 »

Another is not knowing the difference between you're and your. I mean, seriously, this is grade school level ****. I've always seen grammar Nazis as people that complain about run on sentences, lack of punctuation, using the wrong punctuation (for example, when to use colon and semi-colon). 

Everyone should read "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves" if you are capable of reading a book, that is.

As an American (US, that is, Canadians are probably much closer to Olde Mum Angleterre in this) it made me realize that proper English punctuation is often superior, although I still prefer US spelling (how many times does the letter "i" occur in the name of the element "aluminum" and what vowel is in the name of the color (a word lacking in a "u") that is a mixture of black and white?).

I prefer aluminium, though I say aluminum.  However, I do spell them colour, favour, etc.  And I spell it grey.  Grey just feels more right.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 07:15:58 »
ITCOULDBEWORSETHEANCIENTGREEKSUSEDALLCAPSANDNOSPACES

Offline Lanx

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 08:29:26 »
my style is to not use shift, cuz **** it, no one's being paid to "gh forum".

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 08:52:51 »
my style is to not use shift, cuz **** it, no one's being paid to "gh forum".

agreed

Though I have a weird habit of using shift after i hit enter
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 08:54:44 »
i like use caps for capital than shift :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2014, 09:07:45 by yasuo »
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 09:05:08 »
I use grey thanks to sasha grey.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 09:13:29 »
This feeds the trolls.

I knew that would happen.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:04:41 »
I use gray vs grey interchangeably. I write humour quite a bit though.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:12:57 »
YOU COULD ALWAYS COMMUNICATE LIKE THIS STOP THAT IS HOW THEY DID IT BACK IN THE DAYS OF THE TELEGRAPH AND MORSE CODE STOP THANKS FOR READING
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:22:11 »
YOU COULD ALWAYS COMMUNICATE LIKE THIS STOP THAT IS HOW THEY DID IT BACK IN THE DAYS OF THE TELEGRAPH AND MORSE CODE STOP THANKS FOR READING

THIS STATEMENT NEVER ENDS STOP

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:37:58 »

THANKS FOR WASTING MY ... Wait a minute there's no dots.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:44:09 »
iT REALLY BUGS ME WHEN PEOPLE FORGOT TO TAKE CAPS LOCK OFF. rEALLY? iS IT THAT HARD? sEE THAT LITTLE BUTTON TO THE LEFT OF THE "a". tHE ONE THAT'S LIT UP. pUSH IT.

That's better.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:46:21 »
iT REALLY BUGS ME WHEN PEOPLE FORGOT TO TAKE CAPS LOCK OFF. rEALLY? iS IT THAT HARD? sEE THAT LITTLE BUTTON TO THE LEFT OF THE "a". tHE ONE THAT'S LIT UP. pUSH IT.

That's better.

JUST USE YOU"RE SHIFT LOCK KEY INSTEAD> IT"S EASIER< AND THAT"S WHAT IT"S THEIR FOR< THEREFORE
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:48:12 »
I LIke to PLAY WIth mY CaPs LoCk BECAUse iT haS A PurPle LeD nOW aND i GOt THIs FanCy CEnTer STeN OffSEt CApS LOcK KEy
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:50:07 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:50:09 »
I LIke to PLAY WIth mY CaPs LoCk BECAUse iT haS A PurPle LeD nOW
GΣƬ ӨП MY ᄂΣVΣᄂ ЯΛY

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:50:54 »
GΣƬ ӨП MY ᄂΣVΣᄂ ЯΛY

URapEEin!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:51:23 »
5UCH N00B5. D0 Y0U 3V3N 1337-5P34K?

in memoriam

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:52:38 »
GΣƬ ӨП MY ᄂΣVΣᄂ ЯΛY

URapEEin!

Not if UKIP get voted in  in the next election

*Pages Baldgye

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 15:52:54 »
:eek:

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:04:59 »
the whole idea of capitalization is bull****. i also loathe the caps lock key.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:07:07 »
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:08:58 »
lol. i just noticed most of the forum titles do not start with caps. take that you cap fiends!
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:10:05 »
I swear everybody on here has the mind of a 9 year old

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:11:54 »
I Like When People Capitalize Every Word In Their Sentences.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:13:19 »
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME.

I lost it on this one :thumb: :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:14:04 »

teenagers, what are you gonna do....

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:18:01 »

You mean like in a jar on the shelf? We're not serial killers!

in memoriam