Author Topic: Anybody know about these keycaps?  (Read 3905 times)

Offline luis911

Anybody know about these keycaps?
« on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:07:32 »
I just bought them from Feng.

They are IMSTO Dye-sub caps. They don't seem that common, since all I've seen IMSTO sell are cherry font keycaps. Any ideas when he sold these? Old group buy?

Check out my website FDMPrints.org

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Anybody know about these keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:14:52 »
I've never seen imsto caps that looked like that.

Offline luis911

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 18:18:54 »
I've never seen imsto caps that looked like that.
neither have I. But I trust Feng, especially since he has sold imsto's keycaps before.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 18:34:51 »
Those are not the Vortex PBT keycaps.  They had a similar font, but the escape key was labelled "Esc".  It looks very similar otherwise, and the Vortex' were available in that color combination.

One way to tell is the color of the white.  IMSTO "white" keycaps are a very distinctive gray.  Vortex keycaps are much more of a bright white.  From the picture, these look too bright to be IMSTO's.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 18:36:42 »
The font reminds me of old school apple keyboards, with the italicized font + bottom left corner alignment + no capital letters. :p
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline luis911

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 18:40:07 »
The font reminds me of old school apple keyboards, with the italicized font + bottom left corner alignment + no capital letters. :p

Yea it's kind of weird, but that's why I bought them. They look cool to me. :thumb:

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 22:10:32 »
thoeses are NOT ISMTO keys at all. I remember Feng having a new sell saying they were. I didn't want to say anything but thats a freaking lie. I have seen IMSTO's ptb dye subeds keys and they don't look like that. I even have a set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2014, 22:12:10 by acidtrip69 »

Offline luis911

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 22:34:36 »
thoeses are NOT ISMTO keys at all. I remember Feng having a new sell saying they were. I didn't want to say anything but thats a freaking lie. I have seen IMSTO's ptb dye subeds keys and they don't look like that. I even have a set.

Is it possible he produced a different set some other time?

Offline luis911

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 22:48:09 »

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 23:20:56 »

i guess thats the bad set, cuz i have the super thick ptb sets with dyed subed letters

Offline luis911

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 23:30:22 »

i guess thats the bad set, cuz i have the super thick ptb sets with dyed subed letters

Can you show me a picture of your set?

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 23:34:18 »

i don't have camera, but i can tell you i have the light blue and the grey sets. Look for them on the imsto vender forum section.

Offline luis911

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 23:35:43 »

i don't have camera, but i can tell you i have the light blue and the grey sets. Look for them on the imsto vender forum section.
Like these?

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 23:40:02 »
that looks so great ^_^ but i have it set up like this with some darker blue ptb wasd keys and a iron maskII dark metalic set up as the esc key right now ^_^

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 00:30:13 »
There was no group buy or sales for these keycaps. I personally bought them from imsto about 2 years ago. He was just getting started with his business at the time. The keycaps are the old KBC PBT keycaps with OEM profile. imsto is a member of KBC group.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 00:32:51 »
There was no group buy or sales for these keycaps. I personally bought them from imsto about 2 years ago. He was just getting started with his business at the time. The keycaps are the old KBC PBT keycaps with OEM profile. imsto is a member of KBC group.
i never said you said you were having a group buy. I just said that you had a few you were selling not that long ago. a Few days a ago i think.
and sorry about the "lie" part theses are his first keys i guess. His newer ones are the really good ones ^_^
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2014, 00:34:52 by acidtrip69 »

Offline luis911

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 00:36:54 »
i never said you said you were having a group buy. I just said that you had a few you were selling not that long ago. a Few days a ago i think.
and sorry about the "lie" part theses are his first keys i guess. His newer ones are the really good ones ^_^

Hey, how do you know these are bad?

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 00:42:27 »

Hey, how do you know these are bad?
Cuz once you get your hands on  IMSTOs new ptb dye subs keys you will NEVER go back. They are that good ^_^no joke

Offline soloz2

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 08:33:14 »
that looks so great ^_^ but i have it set up like this with some darker blue ptb wasd keys and a iron maskII dark metalic set up as the esc key right now ^_^

Show Image

Where can I get a set of these keycaps?

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 22:54:34 »
no idea but they're very pretty
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 22:59:00 »

Show Image

Where can I get a set of these keycaps?

Dude, there's a URL in the picture.  Type it in, then scroll down just a little bit and click on the picture :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ