Author Topic: all the IBM turns up in Australia  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: all the IBM turns up in Australia
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 02:43:15 »
I'm pretty sure it was only for one M15?

The first photo is only on the thumbnail, and not on the same desk as the other photos, and the description does not say the listing is for three. He calls the keyboard a "triangle" - he doesn't say there are three.
Nope, it was for all three + a numpad

1x IBM
1x Options
1x Lexmark
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Grr8

• Quack!
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 02:48:48 »
Nope, it was for all three + a numpad

1x IBM
1x Options
1x Lexmark

Read the listing again a few times and now I see. Not how I would have described or titled it if selling myself.
Daily Driver: Poker II Backlit (Ducky Mini-fied) + Amazon o-rings. Future daily driver IBM AT Model F (restoring now). For fun: IBM SSK 1397681 (NIB), IBM SSK 1391472, IBM Industrial 101 Square label 1388032, IBM Industrial 101 Black label 1394946, IBM 1391401 (bolt-modding now), IBM 1370477, IBM 42H1292 (USA), IBM 52G9700 IBM, and more....
More
Ducky Shine w/Blues + WASD o-rings, Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/Browns + ebay o-rings, Rosewill RK-9100 w/Blues, Apple Wireless (slim), Apple Wireless White A1016, Apple Extended II ADB. Next? HHKB2Pro?

Offline ed_avis

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 03:16:33 »
Ah yes, I confused Soft Touch with Quiet Touch.  The names are the wrong way round :-p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 03:48:03 »
Let us see what will happen.
a local member picked up NIB model F and some good stuff.
I might put some custom Model M 101 as a bundle.
and also one NIB SoftTouch,
Which I consider rarer than M15

You getting Aussies buying these?  Or overseas buyers?

Also, if you happen to have a spare SSK (used is fine, as long as it has all its keycaps) that you'd let go to Melbourne for, say, under $150 all up, let me know :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 04:42:15 »
You getting Aussies buying these?  Or overseas buyers?

Also, if you happen to have a spare SSK (used is fine, as long as it has all its keycaps) that you'd let go to Melbourne for, say, under $150 all up, let me know :D

I don't blame him for selling his gear to overseas people because you Rowdy help to emphasis how cheap we aussie-scumbags really are.  First off, asking for an SSK to be GIVEN away for $150 is a crime really.  When you know full well how much they fetch on Ebay.  He offered to sell me an Industrial, but I have no use for IBM's anymore so I refused to rip-him off (also I refuse to re-sell it like most dubious idiots would do).

He needs the money and Ebay is his best bet.  Never rob someone of his gear because he suddenly has the need to get rid of it, because scalping someone off here is obscene and not nice.  If you don't want to buy his SSK for at least $250.00 then next best thing, someone on Ebay will give him at least $400.

He has spent so much of his own money gathering so many IBM keyboards that he needs to recover on the losses he made.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 07:19:39 »
I think that's unfair, Elrick. When Laggy first posted he was going to sell them for $75 each, and a bunch of people told him that he should be charging more, even to forum members. Even after researching what they go for, he chose to sell them for $150. I believe he's sold quite a few of them for this price already. If I remember correctly, Laggy bought these when they were much cheaper, and many of them were steals from Taobao. I believe he's making his money back and then some, while still giving people an opportunity to grab one of these for a reasonable price. Rowdy isn't taking advantage of anyone.

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:35:53 »
Looks like some of the buyers fell through?

The AB fullsize industrial is up again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-MODEL-M-Industrial-keyboard-AB-Label-/281274418849

As well as a few M's.  List: http://www.ebay.com/sch/iamlzq/m.html
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:38:30 »
I believe e***g fell through.

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:50:05 »
My ebay shows e***e (1731) as the winner for the AB auction. The guy with 3 feedbacks lost by $5.
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 13:12:42 »
I don't blame him for selling his gear to overseas people because you Rowdy help to emphasis how cheap we aussie-scumbags really are.  First off, asking for an SSK to be GIVEN away for $150 is a crime really.  When you know full well how much they fetch on Ebay.  He offered to sell me an Industrial, but I have no use for IBM's anymore so I refused to rip-him off (also I refuse to re-sell it like most dubious idiots would do).

He needs the money and Ebay is his best bet.  Never rob someone of his gear because he suddenly has the need to get rid of it, because scalping someone off here is obscene and not nice.  If you don't want to buy his SSK for at least $250.00 then next best thing, someone on Ebay will give him at least $400.

He has spent so much of his own money gathering so many IBM keyboards that he needs to recover on the losses he made.

I wasn't aware of the full back story.  If he needs the money, then fair enough.

Doesn't hurt to ask.  And I wasn't asking for a NIB industrial SSK, just a used white one :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 17:49:52 »

The AB fullsize industrial is up again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-MODEL-M-Industrial-keyboard-AB-Label-/281274418849

Laggy needs to put into his sale details no bids accepted from anyone with less than 20 successful buys in their feedback.  A lot of tyre-kickers play that game of making up a false account and start bidding on everything.  Of course they have absolutely no money and no inclination to pay for anything but they love playing the 'rich-man' on ebay, pretending to buy a lot of gear.

All they do is just close their old account and start another one, beginning the whole process again just for their own perverted amusement.  If I was Laggy have faith because for every useless tyre-kicker their are lots of serious bidders.  They will in the end get Laggy's IBM's, he just needs to be patient with the whole selling process when it comes to dealing with Ebay.

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 18:12:00 »

Laggy needs to put into his sale details no bids accepted from anyone with less than 20 successful buys in their feedback.

20 seems a bit high.  Maybe 10.  But not really going to matter, even good buyers have to start somewhere.

Looking at the completed ones that were relisted, two had a top bidder with 1700+ feedback, and one was the guy with 3 feedback, so the 20+ approach wouldn't have made much difference.

Offline JWK

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 19:57:40 »
Given the prices that industrial SSKs have been fetching, this one was a relative bargain:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281269536499

Offline kennyk64

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:33:50 »
Hello E TwentyNine. I am the one with the 3 feedback, but yea I have already paid for the SSK Laggy offered to me when that someone with 1700+ feedback ask to retract from the boards he won. Laggy was a flexible seller and initially agreed to sell me at the price before e***e started to drove the price high and at the same time offered me SSK. I chose SSK as the final decision  ;D
Poker II  Shine II  Realforce 87u

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:53:15 »
Given the prices that industrial SSKs have been fetching, this one was a relative bargain:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281269536499

Laggy's SSK's are all high quality because the man himself seldom spent cash on junk or trashed keyboards.  That is why if you want near-new keyboards get it off him or otherwise trawl through ebay and buy junk-piles for $150USD and spend a lot of time cleaning and restoring.

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 21:13:01 »
Hello E TwentyNine. I am the one with the 3 feedback, but yea I have already paid for the SSK Laggy offered to me when that someone with 1700+ feedback ask to retract from the boards he won. Laggy was a flexible seller and initially agreed to sell me at the price before e***e started to drove the price high and at the same time offered me SSK. I chose SSK as the final decision  ;D

Like I said, good buyers have to start somewhere.  SSK is a good choice.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 March 2014, 01:01:05 by dorkvader »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 03:47:07 »
here's another one in aus
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281277716653

edit: also
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281274418040
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281274417112

That industrial SSK went quickly at $1000 :eek:

Nice way to do it - someone with the cash gets what they want straight away! :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 07:23:52 »

Nice way to do it - someone with the cash gets what they want straight away!

And the seller gets his cash. That is one of the biggest reasons that I almost always use Buy-It-Now, if I have set the price properly I can often see the money within 24 hours or less.

Also, contrary to ebay's advice, when I am buying, I think that I am prone to pay more for a Buy-It-Now "sure thing" than I would risk in an auction.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 07:27:53 »

Nice way to do it - someone with the cash gets what they want straight away!

And the seller gets his cash. That is one of the biggest reasons that I almost always use Buy-It-Now, if I have set the price properly I can often see the money within 24 hours or less.

Also, contrary to ebay's advice, when I am buying, I think that I am prone to pay more for a Buy-It-Now "sure thing" than I would risk in an auction.

I've only been doing the eBay keyboard thing for a few months now, but so far all of my experience is in line with yours. Set a BIN or starting bid that I'd be comfortable selling for, or auction sniper if I'm buying. I've had no headaches from this.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 07:34:18 »

I've had no headaches from this.

It is hard to avoid the occasional regret.

Twice in the past month I have had a keyboard sell an hour after I listed it, which is a clear indication that I had priced it too low!

And, on the other side, I have looked at a BIN, thought about it for an hour, and missed it.

You just have to let them go.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
all the IBM turns up in Australia
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 07:37:41 »
Twice in the past month I have had a keyboard sell an hour after I listed it, which is a clear indication that I had priced it too low!

Do you ever do "reverse auctions"? Setting a high BIN, waiting some amount of time, then relisting with a lower BIN, repeat? If so, how long do you tend to wait before determining that your current price is too high?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 07:42:23 »

Do you ever do "reverse auctions"? Setting a high BIN, waiting some amount of time, then relisting with a lower BIN, repeat?

That is exactly what I do.

I wait 3-7 days and drop 10%-20%, as a general rule, depending on the circumstances.

Most things sell quickly once they hit the acceptable price point.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 07:44:50 »

Do you ever do "reverse auctions"? Setting a high BIN, waiting some amount of time, then relisting with a lower BIN, repeat?

That is exactly what I do.

I wait 3-7 days and drop 10%-20%, as a general rule, depending on the circumstances.

Most things sell quickly once they hit the acceptable price point.

Awesome, my gut said about 3-4 days.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 07:49:14 »

my gut said about 3-4 days.

If you prefer to wait in hopes of getting a little higher price, do your drops on Monday after the weekend shoppers are finished.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 13:59:23 »
yes I will.
in Australia we dont pay tax for items less than $1000 for online shopping (if the policy remains).
so I am willing to declare what ever amount you guys want.

and I got three black lable Industrial 101, one is reserved. but I find out the other two have scratches on edge.
https://plus.google.com/photos/110784470631709882696/albums/5979805862394115649
I prefer not to sell them for $150,
maybe I will get one to Elrick
then sell the other for cheap.

btw, I may have 2-3 ssk for sale.
all in mint condition.
Did I sold you the NIB White logo about a year a go?
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?