Author Topic: Touch typing tutorials?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Exroath

Touch typing tutorials?
« on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 18:21:55 »
*Hangs head in shame*
I cant touch type , I kinda glance now and again and I type kinda slow, about 46 wpm.. Seems those who touch type seem to hit about 70+ without breaking a sweat so I need to learn :P

Can anyone direct me to software or tutorials to help me learn?

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
Re: Touch typing tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 21:54:47 »
I can touch type about 85 wpm with just two fingers (maybe 4 for a few keys). My blank caps are making the number row symbols difficult to type but I hope those will get committed to memory with some time. I'll be following this thread. I'm pretty happy currently but I might try learning to "correctly" type with all ten fingers if anything interesting pops up here.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 22:29:08 »
This just got posted in Great Finds today: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55307.0

I spent about a year with Colemak, and used TypeFaster to learn, and typeracer.com to practice and build speed. There are lots of recommendations at colemak.com.

Offline Exroath

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 11:14:35 »
This just got posted in Great Finds today: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55307.0

I spent about a year with Colemak, and used TypeFaster to learn, and typeracer.com to practice and build speed. There are lots of recommendations at colemak.com.

Thanks for this! I had typing of the dead as a kid on the dreamcast, nice to see a new one :D
I'll give colemak.com a look too, Many many thanks!

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 11:22:40 »
flappy bird typing tutor
FaceW in LZ-CE