Author Topic: What'd you get in your grab bag?  (Read 38727 times)

Offline JayKthnx

Re: What'd you get in your grab bag?
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 23:08:11 »
imgur album of my crap bag

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 23:24:28 »

Show Image

You got a GH60 backspace - wow!  :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 23:55:09 »

Show Image

You got a GH60 backspace - wow!  :)

I didn't notice that it was an album at first and was severely confused how you could tell he got one :P
;)

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 04:18:42 »
^ Yes they are all blanks. Im guessing these will end up on my future plan for an ergodox=)

The Profile is a big question to me as well and if you look at the photo below you can see a cap taken from a Steelseries 6gv2 and one from SP. SPs seems lower in general?

Show Image

The SteelSeries keycaps are probably OEM profile, which is higher than SP's DSA.

I think you mean DCS? The pic shows cylindrical keys, DSA are spherical.

[)amien

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 04:22:02 »
^ Yes they are all blanks. Im guessing these will end up on my future plan for an ergodox=)

The Profile is a big question to me as well and if you look at the photo below you can see a cap taken from a Steelseries 6gv2 and one from SP. SPs seems lower in general?

Show Image

The SteelSeries keycaps are probably OEM profile, which is higher than SP's DSA.

I think you mean DCS? The pic shows cylindrical keys, DSA are spherical.

[)amien

DSA are the low profile spherical ones - most other sets are taller :)

SA are the tall spherical ones.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:10:57 »

Totally aware of that but the pic you commented on has no SA, DSA or sphericals hence the clarification.

[)amien

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:14:34 »

Totally aware of that but the pic you commented on has no SA, DSA or sphericals hence the clarification.

[)amien

Heh, sorry, I should probably read more of the quoted posts instead of just the last one :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #207 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 00:55:57 »
Finally had a chance to sort mine, more or less.

Three pink (all claimed by my daughter):

57502-0

A few brown ones:

57504-1

A little bit or purple:

57506-2

Some orange, but no GH60 backspace :(

57508-3

Depressingly few yellow:

57510-4

A bit of red:

57512-5

Lots of green, mostly SA from Commando set:

57514-6

Some blue, with quite a few SA profile:

57516-7

Not that many white on black, lots of SA again:

57518-8

Various on white/gray:

57520-9

My favourites in this bag are these ones:

57522-10

My top favourite (which says something about what I got in my crap bag) is the silver Esc:

57524-11

And hey look, an upside down Awesome Face ...

57526-12

Lots and lots with non-MX stems, like large round stems similar to BS but not BS, a few with those two little spikes underneath, and few random ones I had no idea about, and one Alps.  Oh, and no space bar.

Offline amos5606

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 09:25:54 »
here's what I got

What will fill your hearts with delight ,,

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 09:34:30 »
I managed to make one ghetto @ss set
57717-0
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 09:42:26 »
(Attachment Link)

That is kind of cool actually :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 14:19:11 »
(Attachment Link)

Sweet!

When I get the time I want to see if I have enough for a full SA set, and a full DSA set.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 17:23:39 »
Took the time to go through every single one of my keys and made pictures.

Here are my DSA caps:

And the caps that stood out for me

These keys were the ones that stood out for me. The first three are useless and the dark grey ones are my only two Alps keycaps... and it's a shame that the relegendable caps come with the wrong window so it is useless too.
Cool keys are the polycarb red Capslock, the old windows logo and the SA and DSA keys.
The bottom row I will use to put on my switch tester, matching the MX switches underneath. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 March 2014, 17:43:26 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 17:35:16 »
I got some cool POS keys for my tipro.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
I got three alps keys (although I don't have an alps board).
(Attachment Link)
The rest was mostly blank keys or WoB SA keys.
(Attachment Link)

Sorting that entire bag was way more tiring than it should have been. I got lots of WoB/blanks(DCS,DSA,SA,SS?) not a whole lot of color unfortunately. Too lazy to go back and take a picture of everything so here is the one Alps key(PBT dye sub!) I found and most of the non-standard key caps.

Found a few alphas from some previous group buys(Raindrop, CCnG, and maybe one or two more)

PBT Dye Sub Alps
Show Image

Non-standards
Show Image

Here's what I got:
http://imgur.com/a/KPYuY

Notable keycaps:
5 black flat keycap http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/product/family-g20-esportsgaming
1 hearty apple http://www.keypop.net/product/hearty-apple-keycap
1 lotus
1 flat square button
3 arrow keys with bump
3 glow in the dark http://www.keypop.net/product/gid-glow-in-the-dark-esc-key
1 commando Enter & backspace http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45655.0
Some jackpot keycaps (Mega million, mega-flier, lotto, little lotto, pick4)
2 DVMS (what does it means?) orange
1 P jeans
1 Shoe repair
1 Sea food
1 EU US
5 ALPS keycaps (I think)

Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with the fast shipping to Canada and the content of my bag.

So I think I did alright. I got 3 alps keys, which is awesome. I have no idea what the hand key was supposed to be for, but it's interesting. The pink exit cap is my fav out of all. :3 Too bad I don't have an alps board.
I also got 2 linux 1.25 caps, which are not pictured.
AND white/green GEEKHACK!!
I'd be interested in trading anything in the pics for other cool keycaps or keyboard stuff.

A lot of blank colors. ML caps top-right.
Show Image

I think the "pass level" and "delete word" keys are funny. Also the "green" cap. Obviously not green. kekeke
Show Image

These are alps:
Show Image

CPTBadAss and I got the dibs on Alps.  25 is the motherlode.

Seriously guys, if anyone I quoted wants to sell their Alps caps, I'm interested in buying. Please hit me and nubbinator up. I need more Alps novelties for my Alps boards :D.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 17:42:50 »

Seriously guys, if anyone I quoted wants to sell their Alps caps, I'm interested in buying. Please hit me and nubbinator up. I need more Alps novelties for my Alps boards :D.
Sorry I didn't get back to you, I was meaning to do so today honestly. These are the alps keycaps I got.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:18:16 »

Here are my DSA caps:
Show Image

Show Image

These keys were the ones that stood out for me. The first three are useless and the dark grey ones are my only two Alps keycaps... and it's a shame that the relegendable caps come with the wrong window so it is useless too.
Cool keys are the polycarb red Capslock, the old windows logo and the SA and DSA keys.
The bottom row I will use to put on my switch tester, matching the MX switches underneath. :)

That duck keycap - nice :)

I was kinda hoping for one of those too, but sadly it was not to be.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:20:52 »

Here are my DSA caps:
Show Image

Show Image

That duck keycap - nice :)

I was kinda hoping for one of those too, but sadly it was not to be.
Well, I am still looking to swap some of these. I will take a look tomorrow to see what you and everyone else has. Maybe we can trade some. ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:31:49 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:21:47 »
Alps caps if anyone wants them
57763-0

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:25:27 »
Just curious - what would be the ultimate way of sorting all these keycaps?

I'd guess first by colour, then by stem within each colour group, then by profile?

So you'd have one pile for yellow MX DCS, one for yellow Alps DCS, one for yellow random DCS, one for yellow MX SA, and so on.

Lots of little piles, but I see lots of people sorting by colour, profile, stem and even arranging them in legend order.

How do you sort yours?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:26:42 »
Alps caps if anyone wants them
(Attachment Link)

Yes please. YGPM

I'd guess first by colour, then by stem within each colour group, then by profile?

So you'd have one pile for yellow MX DCS, one for yellow Alps DCS, one for yellow random DCS, one for yellow MX SA, and so on.

Lots of little piles, but I see lots of people sorting by colour, profile, stem and even arranging them in legend order.

How do you sort yours?

When Sifo, Elton, Halverson, and I sorted Halverson's three(?) crap bags, we sorted them into piles of matching colors and stems types.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:30:40 by CPTBadAss »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:32:27 »

How do you sort yours?
Depends on your bag I guess. I went for the stem first, then sorted by colour, profile, blanks and misfires.
If anyone got an accetpable ISO Enter / Shift from the Calm Depths GB they're not going to use, I'll gladly take them off your hands.  :D
I have a Shift, check my album.

I am looking for an Esc-row dark blue and dark green blank in DCS profile.

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:35:47 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline simon_C

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:46:26 »
Heres my tg3 hosting some of my most interesting caps, aside from a few i already shared in this thread.

DCS:

DSA:

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 23:33:35 »

How do you sort yours?
I sorted mine by color but I got a lot of ml switch keycaps so I sorted those by color too. I didn't get many alp caps so I threw them in with the cherry caps.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 23:45:27 »
CPTBadAss,

You need to post a pic of that cap I sent ya but on a board to see its true uniqueness.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline OddOne

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 21:30:37 »
I'm a little late here, but did anyone get a white text on black F10 key?
CM Quickfire Rapid   |   Rosewill RK-9000BR  |  CM Quickfire Rapid  |

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 21:37:18 »
Well I am a bit disappointed, I just checked, I have f11 and f12  :-X

Offline OddOne

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 21:46:00 »
Well I am a bit disappointed, I just checked, I have f11 and f12  :-X

No worries! Thank you for checking.  :thumb:

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 05:36:18 »
I have f4, f6-f8 and 13 "F" keys. =\

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 08:57:23 »
I have a bunch of F7-F8 but no F10.  I'm still looking for white 2x DSA caps too.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 08:58:56 »
CPTBadAss,

You need to post a pic of that cap I sent ya but on a board to see its true uniqueness.

Ok, I will later

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 09:27:02 »
German? Scandinavian? caps and black DSAs
Show Image

German caps?
Show Image

Curious as to who ordered those Swedish caps from SP. A few others have posted in this thread as well. A Swedish company/retailer probably must have ordered them which is quite notable considering the relative size of the country. Probably quite a large company who has decided to get mechanical keyboards in larger numbers for their employees.

Offline OddOne

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 17:43:59 »
Thanks Jay and nub for checking as well. I'll probably post a classifieds add to get more eyes on this request soon.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 21:52:17 »
Anyone have a white dsa 0 key?