Author Topic: Poker 2 Case Question  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Adewq

Poker 2 Case Question
« on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 08:36:10 »
Hello, I am new to geekhack. However, I have been lurking for a while. I had a quick question about how to open up the poker 2 keyboard. I pulled off the keys and was wondering how I would go about taking the plate and PCB mechanism out of the case. I took the three screws holding it in place but still have been unable to remove the keyboard from the case. Is there a trick to removing it or do I just need to pull a little harder? Thanks for the help.

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
Re: Poker 2 Case Question
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 09:09:03 »
There are more than 3 screws! 7 in total I believe, one in the middle, 2 on each side, 2 under the space bar

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 09:14:41 »
Actually there are 6 screws.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Adewq

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 10:29:25 »
ahhh, I see. thanks for the reply. I will try to remove all the screws next time then  :p

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:10:12 »
ahhh, I see. thanks for the reply. I will try to remove all the screws next time then  :p

Remove the Caps Lock, Tab, G, H, \ and Enter keys.

Also remove the space bar and the right Alt key.

If your screwdriver is not too thick, you will not need to remove the Shift keys.

Now you can see all the screws. There are 6 of them.

I recommend using a magnetic screwdriver for easy removal of the screws. Be very careful to use the right size. If you wear the screw tops, you will have a hell of a time removing them.