Author Topic: ERGO-HHKB-DOX  (Read 4460 times)

Offline adhoc

ERGO-HHKB-DOX
« on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:53:35 »
So, ever since tp4 explained to me I only liked HHKB, because it allegedly represents a significant portion of my income and I can't tell myself I do not like it, I couldn't stop thinking about the unspeakable greatness that he presented as a superior - the one and only, ergodox. I couldn't sleep at night, I woke up in screams from nightmares, pouring in sweat, yelling ergodox! into thin air, but I didn't know what to do about it. On one hand, I can't sell HHKB (because obviously nobody buys such garbage) and on the other, I can't afford an ergodox...I was pondering long at night, but then one day, I came up with a cunning plan...

ERGO-HHKB-DOX! And thus, it had been born!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: ERGO-HHKB-DOX
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:55:25 »
Something wrong with the spacebars...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:57:29 »
Spacebars are just as God intended.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:59:02 »
Spacebars are just as God intended.

one does not simply defy the word of GOD!

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:00:50 »
wow i've never though of putting two keyboards next to eachother

lies
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:10:20 »
Wow. How sheltered are you? Please stop fanboying here. I hate you.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:11:13 »
wow

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:12:08 »
God made Adam and eve. Not flipped spacebars.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:16:49 »
God made Adam and eve. Not flipped spacebars.

What flipped spacebars? They are as they should be.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:18:42 »
Heathen!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:19:09 »
[Breathing intensifies]
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:22:04 »
Spacebars oriented like this

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:30:02 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline adhoc

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:25:42 »
Flipped spacebars

Show Image

Indeed? That's why I keep my spacebars in normal position, not flipped!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:29:43 »
Something wrong with the spacebars...

imagine getting 2 faulty models, what are the odds
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:30:20 »
Flipped spacebars

Show Image

Indeed? That's why I keep my spacebars in normal position, not flipped!
fixed for clarity
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:47:33 »

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 14:03:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

What is that skit? I saw it in school.... I want to find it...
Some people like a space bar that's oriented like that. It's supposed to help them type and such... I don't really see how though.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 14:06:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

What is that skit? I saw it in school.... I want to find it...
Some people like a space bar that's oriented like that. It's supposed to help them type and such... I don't really see how though.

This skit

I am not sure what you mean by 'oriented like that'. This is the way my HHKB came to me, sent directly from God.

Offline iri

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 14:09:03 »
Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States

Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.
law and order. 'murica.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 14:12:12 »
Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States

Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.
law and order. 'murica.

wat

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:08:08 »

law and order. 'murica.

wat
freedom! 'murica!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:36:59 »
So, ever since tp4 explained to me I only liked HHKB, because it allegedly represents a significant portion of my income and I can't tell myself I do not like it, I couldn't stop thinking about the unspeakable greatness that he presented as a superior - the one and only, ergodox. I couldn't sleep at night, I woke up in screams from nightmares, pouring in sweat, yelling ergodox! into thin air, but I didn't know what to do about it. On one hand, I can't sell HHKB (because obviously nobody buys such garbage) and on the other, I can't afford an ergodox...I was pondering long at night, but then one day, I came up with a cunning plan...

ERGO-HHKB-DOX! And thus, it had been born!

Show Image

I remember tp saying that if you can't afford edx, then buy two qfrs. This is the expensive but topre version of it :thumb:

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:20:48 »
μTRON?

Offline iri

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:53:05 »
μTRON?
is the cheap ergodox ripoff.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 09:14:59 »
μTRON?

I don't know about that. μTRON was available long before the Ergodox, and it certainty isn't cheap.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 11:14:43 »
pretty sure that was a joke lol

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 11:17:12 »
pretty sure that was a joke lol

Woosh. I trust iri, but sometimes on this forum you never know :)

Knock knock..

Offline adhoc

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 12:57:00 »
A wise man once said that trolling on geekhack is like pissing in an ocean of piss.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 13:21:34 »
On the note of TP4 where has the fellow been, the fellow has not been on in a while.

Also I'm not the only one thinking sell HHKB's and buy a Ergo :I (Feeding the troll  :/)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline iri

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:41:33 »
μTRON?

I don't know about that. μTRON was available long before the Ergodox, and it certainty isn't cheap.
/sarcasm.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 17:13:46 »
μTRON?

/sarcasm.

:)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 03:27:54 »
Am I the only one that thinks the uTron is not very nice looking? I like the look of the Ergo Dox's especially with some sweet case and cap modifications but could never leave Topre.