Author Topic: Hello Geekhack !  (Read 868 times)

Offline Kliee

Hello Geekhack !
« on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 16:26:43 »
Hi GeekHack,

I've been lurking on this marvelous forum for years and I finaly decided to create an account and interact!

I'm from France and I'm a keyboard enthousiast since about 6 years, when I got my first own mechanical keyboard almost by accident.

I studied computer science and telecommunication engineering and I'm now about to enter corporate life.

I have a small but growing collection of keyboards, including some seemingly rare items about which I'll be asking a lot of questions.  :D

Please feel free to ask questions about my keyboards, if you want an opinion before buying the same.
Please also feel free to correct my english grammar! As it's not my mother tongue I may make a lot of mistakes.

Looking forward to great exchanges!
Topre Realforce 104UB | IBM model M 1391401 (1987 & 1991), 52G9658 (1993), 51G8572 (1994) | Unicomp Customizer 105 (fr) | Unicomp Customizer 101 | Cherry G80-3000 MX Clear | Noppoo Choc Mini Mx Blue | Steelseries Steelkeys 6G V1 Mx Black

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
Re: Hello Geekhack !
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 17:10:44 »
Hello and welcome to GeekHack!
Since you are lurker you probably already know where to ask the simple questions you might need so I won't bother you with directions through the forum. As you have experience with mech boards already you'll fit right in  ;)
Just to warn you, one thing annoying for us Euros is when most of the posts in the classifieds are CONUS ONLY! :(
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 17:31:03 »
Welcome! What rare keyboard do you have :)? Mind sharing pictures  ;D ?
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Kliee

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 18:30:54 »
Thank you both for the welcoming!

@Candyflip : I may have lurked for years, but I didn't pay an extensive attention to all the reglementations and tacit rules of this forum, so if there's anything that you think might not be intuitive for newcomers like me, but must be known, don't hesitate to advise me!  :)
I'll carfully read the rules of the forum once again though, just to be sure...

@Zeal : Actually, I own some terminal keyboards that seems not too famous, I just posted one with photos on the keyboards section, here : ADDS 1010.
I have an other terminal keyboard I'll post soon, but I think it might be more common.
I also have less rare keyboards, but still hard to come through, like a Model M from 1986 or 87 with a detachable cable and the square aluminum logo or a Mx Clear Cherry G80-3000 from 98.

Nothing awesome, by far, compared to some GeekHack members, but I'm still happy to have them  :D.

I'll post some pics soon, either here or on the keyboard section.
Topre Realforce 104UB | IBM model M 1391401 (1987 & 1991), 52G9658 (1993), 51G8572 (1994) | Unicomp Customizer 105 (fr) | Unicomp Customizer 101 | Cherry G80-3000 MX Clear | Noppoo Choc Mini Mx Blue | Steelseries Steelkeys 6G V1 Mx Black