Author Topic: Poker 2 Stabilizers Question  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Adewq

Poker 2 Stabilizers Question
« on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 09:25:41 »
Hey, I had a quick question. Would it be possible to swap the poker 2 spacebar to using Costar Stabilizers since it is plate mounted. And to swap, would i simply purchase a new stabilizer and just put it in? Thanks! If this would work, I would like to swap the spacebar and shift keys since Costar stabilizers seem to be much smoother to use especially on the longer keys.

« Last Edit: Mon, 31 March 2014, 09:28:22 by Adewq »

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: Poker 2 Stabilizers Question
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 10:45:50 »
To my understanding, not really unless you owned a custom plate that's designed to fit both.  I think by default the cherry stabilizer "square" is different size than the costar stabilizer "square".

Though I think I started out with costar stabilizer (Filco, Das Keyboard... etc) and I was under the impression that cherry stabilizers are mushy (tried the display demo on Corsair K70 and Logitech G710+).

But to my surprise is that the cherry stabilizers on Poker 2 feels really nice.  People are saying it's because plate mounted ones the side stem mounts don't touch the PCB so you don't feel the "mush".  Though I thought Corsair K70 and G710+ are also plate mounted no?

And to answer the OP's question, I think you're referring to the scratchiness, I believe you can fix this by lubing the side mounting sliders.

:)

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden