Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 1463 times)

Offline YummyTreeSap

Hi everyone!
« on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 18:19:53 »
Hey there everyone!

Just learned of this place as I was doing some research w/r/t mechanical keyboards; seems like a great resource!  I ended up going the cheap route and only buying a CM QuickFire Rapid with Blue switches, at least for now.  I do despise the typeface on the stock keys, so I'll likely end up switching those out and finding myself in the rabbit hole of buying keyboard-related items in no time.  :(

As far as some non-keyboard stuff, I like coffees and teas and beers, self-deprecation, listening to weird musics, books, typography, vidja games, etc., etc.  I live in the terrible city known as Buffalo, NY.

Other interests of mine include getting the CAPTCHAs on this site wrong every time.

Hope to stick around and meet you all!

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 19:07:26 »
Hello and welcome to GeekHack!
Nice board for start you have there, and yes that is only a start since you joined so prepare your wallet :))
Ps. I remember when I joined I tried PS/2 so many times on the captcha  :-[
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline YummyTreeSap

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 01:10:36 »
I was fine with that part; it's the nearly unreadable mess of letters I have trouble with!

So far I've just been scouring through the forums to pick up as much information as I can.  So far the main thing I've learned is that finding keycaps like what I want is nearly impossible.  :D

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 05:48:55 »
Yea you'd have to spend a bit time/effort/money on this hobby to get to the 'end game' as we like to say. Can you describe a bit your perfect keycaps maybe just maybe I can help sourcing such thing  ^-^

Offline YummyTreeSap

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 21:08:10 »
Probably either blank black PBT caps or black on black PBT caps, sort of exactly like the ones in Ivan’s thread I was just a bit too late to.  :)

Either that, or something to this effect, to borrow WASD’s customization tool:

Undecided whether or not I’d want it blank or not, though leaning toward a yes.  I suppose there is the option of actually ordering from WASD, but I think I would prefer PBT keycaps, and WASD seems pretty pricey for what it is.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 03:21:34 »
Probably either blank black PBT caps or black on black PBT caps, sort of exactly like the ones in Ivan’s thread I was just a bit too late to.  :)

Either that, or something to this effect, to borrow WASD’s customization tool:

Show Image

Undecided whether or not I’d want it blank or not, though leaning toward a yes.  I suppose there is the option of actually ordering from WASD, but I think I would prefer PBT keycaps, and WASD seems pretty pricey for what it is.
PBT will be even pricier than WASD but I would recommend it over them any day! You can PM Ivan or ask someone in the thread there must be people who bought extra just to hit MOQ so you might get lucky. If not there is another buy around the corner and as always there is a blank option in it, stick around you might get hooked :p

Offline YummyTreeSap

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 03:02:32 »
Oops, I just bought another keyboard.   :))

Offline kohi

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 22:31:31 »
which keyboard did you buy? and welcome to GH!

Offline YummyTreeSap

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 23:13:40 »
A Poker II with MX Browns.