Author Topic: Want to reuse old WYSE keycaps  (Read 2796 times)

Offline gotofbi

Want to reuse old WYSE keycaps
« on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 20:41:36 »
Hello.

I just bought Wyse keyboard from ebay and I realize that keycaps are pretty nice.

I want to reuse lettter+number+F1~12 keys but I dont know how to find rest of keys that fits as same height.

Do I need Wyse Moogle Kit to fill the blank?

I want to finsih keyboard as winkey without numpad(87 or 86 keys depends how I can fill missing keys)

Somebody please help me

Thank you

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Want to reuse old WYSE keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 20:44:11 »
yup you'll need a moogle

Offline gotofbi

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 21:41:14 »
yup you'll need a moogle

Thank you for your reply Pacifist.

Is this image Wyse Moogle Kit??

One last question, from the picture of Wyse keyboard that I posted, I see that "~" key and "ESC" are located in different row.

Wouldnt it make a different height compare with other row if I place them into original cherry 3000 style??

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 22:58:05 »
^ That is definitely a Wyse moogle.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline gotofbi

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 00:20:45 »

Thanks rowdy

Do you know where can I buy this kit?

Offline ebacho

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 00:59:27 »

Thanks rowdy

Classifieds.  Groupbuys for these are long done.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 01:14:50 »

Thanks rowdy

That screen capture looks like from techkeys.us, but they are no longer in stock.

Maybe send i3oilermaker a PM to ask if they are coming back any time soon.

Otherwise classifieds.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 11:02:56 »
While it won't color match... though that isn't necessarily bad either depending on what looks you like, you can always just buy basic 33 mods from here. Its the same company that made the keys on Wyse so as far as everything else matching up it will be no problem.

Offline gotofbi

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:45:49 »
While it won't color match... though that isn't necessarily bad either depending on what looks you like, you can always just buy basic 33 mods from here. Its the same company that made the keys on Wyse so as far as everything else matching up it will be no problem.

Link is dead!

Offline gotofbi

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 16:09:59 »
One more question.
Is there thick wyse moogle kit or only thin keycap?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 16:13:34 »
One more question.

Only thin. SP doesn't make thick double shot DCS profile keycaps. The WYSE originals were made by Comptec.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline gotofbi

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:45:25 »
One more question.

Only thin. SP doesn't make thick double shot DCS profile keycaps. The WYSE originals were made by Comptec.

Thanks!

Offline awong

• ★★★★★★★★★★★★
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:47:41 »
One more question.

Where can I buy original WYSE keycap?