Author Topic: Tap tap tap tap tap  (Read 1250 times)

Offline clusterr

• andsuch.org
Tap tap tap tap tap
« on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 01:40:16 »
tldr: i am computer user! i come to you from computer!

Hi there! I just signed up for this website! Hello to forum!

I kept finding myself here and it was frustrating, as I was not a member. So I have remedied! Yes! Now I feast on the contents of this geek hole.

This is the thread that prompted me to join: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=15542.0

I could not find anything about my subsequent search. I have to introduce myself so I can get to the bottom of things (and also to just suck it up and join).

I have a variety of keyboards, in attempts to get as diverse a collection of actuators as possible. To be frankly honest I have no idea what some of the keyboard models are offhand. But I have a HHKB of which I adore, a keyboard that has ruined my ability to use a non-fn-layer caps-lock key. But it is worth it, it's okay, I just mostly type in the middle anyway. A fantasy keyboard of mine is the desktop variant of the old IBM Thinkpad laptops - those scissor switches. Oh man. I miss those so much. Cherry on top: And a red dot?! That's right, mice.

But I am not all but keys and mechanisms. Well. Maybe I am. I daydream about keystroke interval timings. I had to order this research book from the LNR Typing Research Group at San Diego oriented university, because it had all these little brain melters. My personal interests over the last few years in pursuit of actuation persuasion:

- Cognitive Psychology (primarily around response priming, stimulus stuff, multi-sensory integration, HCI)
- Information Mediums
- Language
- Media
- Generally just a lot of semiotics k
- Typing and the study of typing
- Java and Python Programming

Most of my free time is oddly enough spent making typing "games," though they're not anywhere yet where I could give you a link to play one.

Anyway, I type around all over the place a lot, I got me some 100 WPMs, rolling dirty.

If anyone wants to be internet famous I require any information that is in regards to the following:

- Fabric usage (in the sense of an 'input texture') in human-computer interaction.
- Obscure key switches (or methods of actuating a signal from physical interaction, like a reference to how to study these mechanisms, preferably pressure sensitive)
- The Internet

If those don't make sense that's fine I'll figure it out but thanks for trying.

Anyway hello! The end.

edit - I also play games. Edited like three times. Changed a sentence to be simple.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 April 2014, 01:58:32 by clusterr »

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
Re: Tap tap tap tap tap
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 01:52:02 »
o hi dare thumbs up!

Offline Coreda

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 02:00:11 »
Sounds like you have very particular tastes, you'll fit right in  :)

Offline clusterr

• andsuch.org
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 02:03:54 »
o hi dare thumbs up!

Why thank you hello good sir! I looked at your posts because I'm creepy, and I'm also a big Blues fan! My Poker2 is all like "Clickety clack, k." Have a good one.

Sounds like you have very particular tastes, you'll fit right in  :)

Sounds about right. I am a component with specific functions. I just need to find some folks to be instantiated by. Perhaps HERE of all places? Who knows? Thank you for welcome!