Author Topic: I am so trying to not buy this ...  (Read 2312 times)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
I am so trying to not buy this ...
« on: Fri, 17 April 2009, 01:22:03 »

Offline majestouch

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http:///elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 April 2009, 02:16:52 »
This reminds me of the "free-fall" sensors that laptops HDDs are supposed to have these days that automatically park the heads in the case you drop your laptop, but these IV things looks close enough to the desk that if they fell (which they will at some point) there wouldn't be enough time for the heads to park and all you'd have left is the catheter bag.

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 April 2009, 06:28:45 »
That is really cool, but I'm more tempted to buy something like this (one like that was in a story linking off from the one you posted).
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 April 2009, 07:32:19 »
I have this and absolutely love it.  (when I purchased it, it was a LOT more expensive)

Anyways, takes either 2.5 or 3.5" SATA drives.

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 April 2009, 07:47:07 »
Nice.  That's good input, iMav.  I like the extra USB ports on the one I posted to, but it's the same brand, so that's a good sign that you like yours.  I may purchase one of those very shortly...
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 April 2009, 09:23:35 »
Quote from: iMav;86143
I have this and absolutely love it.  (when I purchased it, it was a LOT more expensive)

Anyways, takes either 2.5 or 3.5" SATA drives.

Thats the one I keep looking at trying to decide if I want to get it. Question does it support hot swap? I'm wanting it for doing backups and hot swappable for that would be great.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]