(Cross-posted from Site Announcements for additional visibility) DISCUSSION HERE: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57805.0Geekhackers!!
The moderation team is in need of a few more members in order to operate most effectively, so we are asking for your help. We are calling for volunteers to apply for a moderator position, at which time the current team will review the candidate (you) and make a decision.Who should apply?
We will be looking for a certain type of candidate for these positions. Traits of the ideal candidate include:
- Excellent people skills and an effective communicator
- Level-headed and "calm", patient
- Able to take negative feedback (thick-skinned)
- Cares about the forum and experience of every user
- An active presence on the forum (ideally at least once or twice daily)
If this sounds like you, then read on!What are the responsibilities?
What positions are available?
- Daily reports and moderator duties
- Weighing in on global issues
- Anything else that might come up!
We are currently taking applications for "provisional" moderators, or moderators-in-training, so to speak. After some length of time on the team, you may move up to a role with more responsibility.How do I apply?
To apply, simply send a PM to the Moderator Team
user with the following information:
- Your history on the forum (tell us a bit about yourself and why you want the position) - please be brief.
- Why you think you would be an ideal candidate for the position.
- Tell us about yourself! Geekhack's staff is composed of engineers, scientists, executives, artists, and other geeks from all walks of life! Tell us about who you are, what you are and what you want to bring to the table.
- Do you foresee any major conflicts that would hinder your ability to operate as a Moderator in the near future?
We hope to hear from at least a few of you.