Author Topic: I guess I should post a little something about myself  (Read 1267 times)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
I guess I should post a little something about myself
« on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 08:36:36 »
Hi my name is Mar (well that's what all my friends online and offline call me) and I just got into mechanical keyboards about a month or two ago, and it has taken over my life like a virus. Is this a good or a bad thing I guess only time will tell...

I started out with a Logitech G710+ since I do a lot of gaming, and I like their driver / macro editor.
Unconformity since I'm living in France, I had to get an AZERTY (I'm hating myself for it).

Since then I got a old Apple Extended Keyboard II for 4€ and cleaned it up and made a converter from ADB to USB thanks to hasu (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=14290.0)

I also wanted to tryout some Cherry MX Clears since the Browns are a little light to the torch. So I got a Keycool 87II with MX Blacks and used it for about a week (wow I didn't think I'd like blacks as much as I did) before removing all the switches to replace them with clears. Right now I'm waiting for my LEDs to get here to put it all back together.

The next boards I'm thinking of getting are going to be a Poker II (they look so cute) for use with my laptop. Also an Ergodox, I want one for gaming since I'm a lefty (left hand on mouse and right had on numpad), and maybe a IBM model M just for kicks.
And of course, get plenty of keycaps.

PS: I'm just going to put this out there, but from what I can tell, the whole mechanical keyboard scene is non existent in France

Offline beartung

Re: I guess I should post a little something about myself
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 07:54:24 »
you can try hhkb, that keyboard rocks
Looking for Topre Orangesicle CC & Topre Limoncello CC

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 08:17:03 »
I would love to, but if I did get a HHKB it would have to be the Professional 2 and as of right now I can't spend that kind of cash on a 60%

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 08:20:24 »
you can try hhkb, that keyboard rocks
+1

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 13:18:13 »
I would love to, but if I did get a HHKB it would have to be the Professional 2 and as of right now I can't spend that kind of cash on a 60%

Give it some time here and you will somehow be able to justify it to yourself.

I'm still not at a point where I can spend over $100 on just a single keycap. You could get a whole new keyboard... :p

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:37:04 »
Kcahkeeg ot emoclew!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 14:25:58 »
I've never had a friend as good as you Cranberry
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace