Author Topic: [AUS] Ducky Shine 3 White Edition at PCCG  (Read 4085 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
[AUS] Ducky Shine 3 White Edition at PCCG
« on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 05:21:32 »
PCCG seem to have a very good range of Ducky keyboards (on and off, when they are in stock LOL).

They have just listed (and announced in their newsletter) Ducky Shine White Edition, with MX brown, blue or red for AU$149.

Ducky standard ANSI 108 key layout.  Backlit (white LEDs) with RGB LEDs under the snake-themed space bar.

The white case looks whiter than white i.e. not beige, from the photos.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline feizor

Re: [AUS] Ducky Shine 3 White Edition at PCCG
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 05:43:12 »
Thanks for posting these AUS finds. Not many suppliers of mech keyboard gear here.  Really want a TKL or 60% with MX clears, very hard to source.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 05:49:32 »
Thanks for posting these AUS finds. Not many suppliers of mech keyboard gear here.  Really want a TKL or 60% with MX clears, very hard to source.

No, there's not :(

You could try http://www.mechkb.com/ (NSW) - they are on GH also as user MechKB - you could try sending a PM to see if they are able to get any MX clear keyboards in.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline feizor

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 08:11:34 »
OK maybe I'll get in touch with them some time.

Offline Grr8

• Quack!
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 10:31:26 »

You could try http://www.mechkb.com/ (NSW) - they are on GH also as user MechKB - you could try sending a PM to see if they are able to get any MX clear keyboards in.

MechKB are worth checking out. Great pre- and post- sales support. Got my poker II, after I returned a dud PurePro (Second Tab key where \ | should be!)

Also their prices are good - not much more than China price + GST, and you aren't waiting weeks to get it.

On topic: does the White Edition come in a TKL?
Daily Driver: Poker II Backlit (Ducky Mini-fied) + Amazon o-rings. Future daily driver IBM AT Model F (restoring now). For fun: IBM SSK 1397681 (NIB), IBM SSK 1391472, IBM Industrial 101 Square label 1388032, IBM Industrial 101 Black label 1394946, IBM 1391401 (bolt-modding now), IBM 1370477, IBM 42H1292 (USA), IBM 52G9700 IBM, and more....
More
Ducky Shine w/Blues + WASD o-rings, Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/Browns + ebay o-rings, Rosewill RK-9100 w/Blues, Apple Wireless (slim), Apple Wireless White A1016, Apple Extended II ADB. Next? HHKB2Pro?

Offline feizor

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 18:12:18 »

MechKB are worth checking out. Great pre- and post- sales support. Got my poker II, after I returned a dud PurePro (Second Tab key where \ | should be!)

Also their prices are good - not much more than China price + GST, and you aren't waiting weeks to get it.

Good to hear about your positive experience with them. I have been very tempted by some of their sales.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 19:01:35 »

The Ducky Yellow edition came in full size and TKL, but PCCG stocked only the full size.

They stock only the full size Ducky White edition.

No idea if TKL is available.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 21:27:39 »
Most of the people in Australia(aside from the few of us) would prefer full sized keyboard, so PCCG would only bring full sized special editions in because of sale value. We really need to promote TKL keyboards across Australia so they can consider bringing TKLs in for us. :(

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 21:57:47 »
Perhaps most people never heard of TKL before.

I hadn't, before joining GH.

My first two Ducky Shine were full size, and also from PCCG.