Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 859 times)

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
Hello!
« on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 10:04:33 »
Firstly hello guys. The name is Josh, I'm from the UK.

I recently found this place as I have been looking to get a proper mechanical keyboard. I am currently using (don't think ill of me) a Razer blackwidow ultimate. I have enjoyed using this over a membrane keyboard to no end however I want to enter the realms of real mechanical keyboards.

I am a gamer, so that is pretty much what I will be using my keyboard for predominantly (I play CS:GO if anyone is interested). I have been looking to reduce the size of my keyboard for a little while now as I go to LANs frequently. I am using cherry mx blues currently and think that browns would probably be a better fit for what I want. I was looking at a Ducky Shine 3 TKL as I am a bit of a tart and love backlighting.

I did however just come across some other brands of small form factor keyboards and have been very interested by them. I have been looking at reviews of the Poker II and think it looks awesome, loving the idea of how small it is and am tempted to bite the bullet. Mainly due to the customisation options available, such as different coloured key caps and aluminium casings. I am just a tad worried about getting used to it, although I am sure it will come with time.

One thing I will ask, is there many users from the UK on here? It seems to be incredibly difficult to get hold of a lot of these more awesome keyboards and parts for modifying etc.

Anyway I have rambled enough, I shall now go and do much searching across this forum and see what I can find.

Thanks for reading :)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 10:45:44 »
Hello and welcome to Geekhack. There's quite a few UK members both here and over at Deskthority. Not as many as there are Americans, but still. The Poker 2 is a great little keyboard, and I think it would be quite nice for you seeing as you play FPS games and go to LANs often.

Good luck with choosing a better keyboard! =)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 14:18:59 »
Hello Rashaad!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace