Author Topic: Blackberry  (Read 820 times)

Offline yester64

Blackberry
« on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 19:22:15 »
Hello,
i am just curious. Does a Blackberry still makes sense. Security is supposedly very good on these devices but market share is of course very little now. Is anyone using like the Z10? How good is the Android run time?
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: Blackberry
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 19:31:21 »
I don't really think blackberry stacks up against android and iOS devices anymore.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 20:20:52 »
I didn't even realize they were still around.

Offline osi

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 20:23:36 »
The blackberry market is dwindling. Unless you have been a blackberry fan in the past, their current lineup won't offer you a better experience than your current iPhone/android device.

Their enterprise customers are keeping the company afloat, IMO. More so on the software/support side than hardware. Also users that are interested in secure communications via bbm internationally will be hesistant to give up that feature. Of course you can get the bbm app for iOS/android devices now. I feel this was a desperate effort to not lose the BBM brand to a market that is now offering cross platform alternatives.

Currently I'm using a Q10. My favorite RIM device to date is still 8800 World Edition. The phone was a tank and ranged usually about 3-4 days on a single (full) charge.

I use a blackberry for the keyboard, the battery life and again, the keyboard. :)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 21:31:35 »
Even a lot of enterprise users have slowly shifted away from blackberry/rim these past few years

Offline yester64

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 22:41:51 »
Well i understand that broken love for blackberry. It seems fading. But as far as i know its the safest way to roam around. I do have currently a Nexus 4 which is a nice phone. One thing that does drive me nuts its bluetooth feature. Every day i try to stream something in the car it stops working at one point and i have to reboot to make it work. Very annoying.
Plus the Z10 sells for $200 which is a nice price. So in case blackberry collapses its not a big loss if i buy one.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline osi

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 10:17:45 »
BB 4 life!