Author Topic: elecom laser mouses (japan)  (Read 6948 times)

Offline cb951303

elecom laser mouses (japan)
« on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 01:37:25 »
http://www.elecom.co.jp/pickup/micrograst/
http://www2.elecom.co.jp/peripheral/mouse/m-sn1ul/index.asp

cool designs.

first one is wireless and supposedly have a very good range. also the receiver is tiny. I liked it's design the most. It resembles to microsoft intellipoint ball mouse which I think is very comfortable.

second one works like a pen (I don't know how exactly) and looks like a robot :)

any experience with these?
Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB
Kensington Orbit K72337US

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 09:17:28 »
I like the look of both of them, but I'd have to feel the second in my hand before knowing if I like it.  It seems rather wide.
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline IBI

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 09:18:32 »
The tiny receiver is the same size as several other wireless mice these days. Of course, bluetooth is still better for a laptop since you don't have a receiver at all.

The scope node looks cool but I think the gimmick is just that the sensor is in the same place as a pentip would be so it supposedly feels more intuitive.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline cb951303

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 09:48:45 »
Quote from: FKSSR;87734
I like the look of both of them, but I'd have to feel the second in my hand before knowing if I like it.  It seems rather wide.

yes it looks wide but as far as I see from the picture your thumb stays down the bump, it may be still comfortable.

I didn't like the idea that much though. it seems they only changed the place of the laser to the center of your index finger and thumb. that supposedly gives the feel of a pen.

scroll wheel looks great btw. I like big wheels :whip:
Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB

Offline cb951303

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 09:50:54 »
do bluetooth input devices work without driver? if so, that would be definitely better to have a bluetooth mouse instead of RF but if not it can be bothersome to support different OSs.
Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB

Offline IBI

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 10:56:32 »
Quote from: cb951303;87752
do bluetooth input devices work without driver? if so, that would be definitely better to have a bluetooth mouse instead of RF but if not it can be bothersome to support different OSs.

I don't know, but if that isn't the case and you're going to be plugging it into lots of different computers then you don't want a small dongle as it's easy to lose.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline cb951303

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 11:22:03 »
Quote from: IBI;87762
I don't know, but if that isn't the case and you're going to be plugging it into lots of different computers then you don't want a small dongle as it's easy to lose.

no I'm not talking about changing machines, what I meant is that hardware companies don't care much about OSs other than Windows and if this was the case I wouldn't be able to use it with linux since the company have to provide a non standard bluetooth input device driver for linux. but when it's a standard hardware like HID (rf or wired it doesn't matter) you can use the device with any OS.
Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 13:00:03 »
Quote from: IBI;87762

Honestly, I don't think anyone wants a small dongle.

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 13:17:44 »
Quote from: itlnstln;87802
Honestly, I don't think anyone wants a small dongle.

Some would rival that size doesn't even matter, as long as it gets the job done

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 13:30:23 »
Quote from: o2dazone;87813
Some would rival that size doesn't even matter, as long as it gets the job done

Touche.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 17 October 2011, 03:03:55 »
So this one
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28816[/ATTACH]
or this one
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 28817[/ATTACH]

I cant decide but I think I will get one of them
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline flyball

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 17 October 2011, 18:20:29 »
Quote from: whiskerBox;432647

(Attachment Link) 28817[/ATTACH]

:wacko:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline zareliman

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 17 October 2011, 20:19:47 »
Quote from: whiskerBox;432647
So this one
(Attachment Link) 28816[/ATTACH]
or this one
(Attachment Link) 28817[/ATTACH]

I cant decide but I think I will get one of them

The rock alike mouse looks painful.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 17 October 2011, 20:43:46 »
Yea I am going with the green one
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline nar

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 10:47:01 »
There's a wireless version of the second mouse ( http://www2.elecom.co.jp/peripheral/mouse/m-sn2dl/index.asp ), but it's almost double the price and only 1600 DPI. Otherwise I might have considered getting it.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline nraymond

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 15:25:41 »
Quote from: cb951303;87690
any experience with these?

I own the Scope Node silver/black wired mouse, and I like it, though it's not my daily mouse.

A bit of backstory: I'm a big fan of the mecha design of Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell creator) and he created a mouse design in 2002, made by Elecom (big peripheral maker in Japan), called the M.A.P.P.  More info on it at this link.  Anyway, I didn't import it before it dropped off the market, and when Elecom came out with Scope Node, which strikes me as an homage to the M.A.P.P., I imported one through jbox.

Since it's more of a collector's item for me, it's set up on one of my more historical computers.  My everyday mice are a Logitech G9, Logitech G3, Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Albino, and an Apple Magic Trackpad right now (the Albino is new and if I like it, the G3 will get retired).

I like the Scope Node well enough, the ergonomics and sensor placement are a little unique, and the sensor placement is something that I think I'd have to do a bit of adjustment to through use over time... I've already trained myself to be input device ambidextrous and I've memorized different keyboard layouts and shortcuts for Mac/Windows/Linux, so I'm pretty sure if I made the Scope Node a more daily mouse I'd be happy with it, but without any solid daily experience I can't say for sure yet.  But I certainly like looking at it, and using it occasionally. :)

Offline nar

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 14:20:57 »
nraymond have you ever tried using the Scope Node for gaming? I'm seriously thinking about buying this now that it seems Amazon.jp is having a massive sale on them and all Elecom mouses that I've seen on there so far (60% off on wireless and wired). That and I actually hold mouses like pens right now anyways (I hold it diagonally in my center on the table above my keyboard tray).
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline nraymond

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 23:38:53 »
I haven't tried it for gaming, mostly because when I switched to my Logitech G9 I was happy (from being unhappy on a Razer Lachesis) and haven't tried anything else in the last two years for gaming... if I get a chance in the next couple of days, I'll plug in the Scope Node to my gaming rig and let you know what I think.

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 20 October 2011, 14:55:07 »
Quote from: nar;434678
nraymond have you ever tried using the Scope Node for gaming?

[video=youtube;ore5ytI65tg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ore5ytI65tg[/video]