Author Topic: Question about poker keys  (Read 1157 times)

Offline roaming pear

• THE Roaming Pear
Question about poker keys
« on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 22:54:47 »
Hello.... I have a poker 2.. and recently I have seen this picture:

Those yellow keys look really attractive... I want to add them to my keyboard somewhere... I am assuming I'd using 2 of them for FN and PN and maybe one more win.. The 4th won't fit on the esc so I dunno... I am seen some people put all 4 poker keys on the right of the kyeboard..... I'm not sure... but my main issue is that I don't know if these will be at the same height as the rest of my keys. I was told that another set of similar keys had a lower profile so I wanted to know how this one was...
Also are these thick pbt?

Does anyone have any experience with these keys to be able to tell me about that?

Thank you
Does anyone have any accessories or key caps or other poker 2 related things lying around that they are not using?  I don't mind taking it off your hands if you no longer want it...

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Question about poker keys
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 22:56:20 »
Those look like SP's....poker doesn't take 1.5x mods nor 1.75x shift

But haven't seen those yellow ones before, do you have a link to the source?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Question about poker keys
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 23:32:39 »
Most people seem to put the e Poker keys on the 4 bottom right switches, as in: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35152.msg1263513#msg1263513

So I'm guessing they're designed for the bottom row.

And here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35152.msg1186558#msg1186558
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 May 2014, 23:38:28 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ