Author Topic: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]  (Read 2122267 times)

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
Re: GMK DOLCH [CLOSED, Invoicing complete]
« Reply #1000 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 03:38:40 »
Ivan needs to do Handarbeit, because NO body else is doing it, including Sherryton (lot of talk but no evidence as usual from him).

Hence Ivan should be the FIRST person to initiate this Group Buy which will put it out amongst us addicts as soon as possible.  We definitely need to get this off the ground instead of mincing around here talking about it for the next 3 years on 'maybe' doing it.

Time for Geekhack to finally man-up and put out Handarbeit once and for all  8) .

Yeah that' s true. But i still worry about MOQ :( We should creat IC to probe

Offline garoti

« Reply #1001 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 04:56:12 »
Ivan needs to do Handarbeit, because NO body else is doing it, including Sherryton (lot of talk but no evidence as usual from him).

Hence Ivan should be the FIRST person to initiate this Group Buy which will put it out amongst us addicts as soon as possible.  We definitely need to get this off the ground instead of mincing around here talking about it for the next 3 years on 'maybe' doing it.

Time for Geekhack to finally man-up and put out Handarbeit once and for all  8) .
Very good, Elrick
Ivan, can you do this

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1002 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 05:15:50 »
Show Image

This would be amazing with red mods.

Still waiting for classic beige and/or Soware, WYSE GMK sets.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1003 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:20:48 »

Yeah that' s true. But i still worry about MOQ :( We should creat IC to probe

^^ this, MOQ for that was near impossible due to costs and interest, everyone wants to say they want something but they won't speak with their wallets

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1004 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:40:37 »
^^ this, MOQ for that was near impossible due to costs and interest, everyone wants to say they want something but they won't speak with their wallets

I wish I had the spare $10'000 to sink into this to get made by GMK but my Mrs would kill me in places I will never use again in my lifetime.

She doesn't mind a grand here or there but when it comes to thousands for just one key-set, then there is no way to stay alive after she finds out and she always will.  Women seem more sensitive to extravagant purchases then anyone else so unless there is a very 'brilliant' excuse to cover a huge dent in my bank account for a couple of weeks, then it's off the table  ::) .

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1005 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 08:28:51 »

I wish I had the spare $10'000 to sink into this to get made by GMK but my Mrs would kill me in places I will never use again in my lifetime.

She doesn't mind a grand here or there but when it comes to thousands for just one key-set, then there is no way to stay alive after she finds out and she always will.  Women seem more sensitive to extravagant purchases then anyone else so unless there is a very 'brilliant' excuse to cover a huge dent in my bank account for a couple of weeks, then it's off the table  ::) .
Tell her you are doing it for the children!

Alternatively;
It's to pay off the mistress...

Wait, don't do that. Probably worse than the extravagant purchases. :P
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1006 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 08:39:32 »
How about this?

numiru's GreenTea set (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60397.0). The colourway is awesome, IMHO. I have ordered a set, but if it doesn't tip I really want a set with these colours and preferably a GMK set.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Motan22

« Reply #1007 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 09:00:05 »
So what you are saying is you are ready to preorder like 100 sets or so? :)) Actually one of the ideas I've been thinking on is 'Miami Nights'. I suppose some people can guess what that will be.

You have my attention!

I always thought a GMK miami set with white legends would be phenomenal.

Or even GMK miami modifiers that are a mix of cyan/magenta with white legends; they could fit really well with the dolch alphas.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1008 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:16:16 »

Boooo rainbows!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1009 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:26:59 »
Yeah... we need to stick to things that have some chance of making MOQ. I'm not even going to entertain some ideas because I know they won't.

Offline mrdar206

• Tickle me Pink
« Reply #1010 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 12:17:38 »
How about sanctuary with cherry legend  :p

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1011 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 12:26:16 »
The problem with Handarbeit is it's too extravagant.
i don't think extravagant is the right word, but rather gaudy. just an eyesore to me :/ Sanctuary is good but i doubt it will reach MOQ either

is the teal set in this pic GMK produced? looks similar to the color-damaged Triumph Adler set that i really like

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1012 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 12:28:15 »
No that was SP set... made to look like the TA UV+blue colorway I suppose.

Offline Battou62

« Reply #1013 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 13:30:31 »
Yeah... we need to stick to things that have some chance of making MOQ. I'm not even going to entertain some ideas because I know they won't.

I trust Ivan's judgment on something like this. I know he's not going to pander to a few people wanting a crazy color scheme. I would love to seem something simple like a classic two tone set. I think a WYSE GMK set would be pretty cool.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1014 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 13:42:40 »
No that was SP set... made to look like the TA UV+blue colorway I suppose.
thanks, i didn't know SP sets use Cherry font (or what looks to be)

Offline cphead

« Reply #1015 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 13:50:21 »

In your opinion, which color combos would have the best shot at reaching MOQ?

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #1016 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 14:11:08 »

Show Image

This would be amazing with red mods.

Still waiting for classic beige and/or Soware, WYSE GMK sets.

GMK SOWARE WHERE!?

I swear sherry's never going to do it

Red alert and soware have my vote
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1017 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 14:27:33 »
Sherry replied to one of my inquiries saying the SoWaRe attempt is delayed because the colors are hard to reproduce

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1018 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 19:40:27 »

Ivan that is like picking the correct Lotto Numbers to win First Division and you know how near impossible that is.

GMK Moq is the tough one here unless you want to keep on designing Dolch Sets for the rest of your life (due to easily reaching the required numbers here)?

Offline geniekid

« Reply #1019 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 22:23:22 »
Well whatever is next it won't resemble Dolch in any way. No more grey base colors!

When I say colored-Dolch I just mean white-on-color alphas with white-on-darker-tint mods, so there would be no greys in there.  Perhaps Dolch is a bad term to use.  I might try to mock out something this weekend with N7 and UE just to see if it looks as good as it does in my head or not  :)

WoAE with WoN7 mods. 
70656-0

WoN5 with WoV4 mods.
70654-1

Obviously the color accuracy is off, but I don't think the Greens would look that great.  The Blues look better though!
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 July 2014, 22:26:02 by geniekid »

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #1020 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 23:50:45 »
GMK SoWare and Classic Beige :)
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1021 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 23:56:38 »
GMK SoWare and Classic Beige :)
I would kill for gmk soware
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1022 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 03:19:01 »
Well whatever is next it won't resemble Dolch in any way. No more grey base colors!

When I say colored-Dolch I just mean white-on-color alphas with white-on-darker-tint mods, so there would be no greys in there.  Perhaps Dolch is a bad term to use.  I might try to mock out something this weekend with N7 and UE just to see if it looks as good as it does in my head or not  :)

WoAE with WoN7 mods. 
(Attachment Link)

WoN5 with WoV4 mods.
(Attachment Link)

Obviously the color accuracy is off, but I don't think the Greens would look that great.  The Blues look better though!

That green reminds me of the Nuclear Data Grteen IC.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Vitaly

Re: GMK DOLCH [taking orders]
« Reply #1023 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 15:27:26 »
why there is no win logo on base set?? I love win logo!
Some love some not. Using blank keycaps for "winkey" best decision in my opinion ( I didn't use Windows and window not best typographic glyph).

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #1024 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 11:10:19 »
Just for records I have paid.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1025 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 11:16:59 »
Just a reminder that the payment due date is coming up tomorrow. There are still 25 people that have left to pay. If you don't pay tomorrow you won't get your order.

Offline kekstee

« Reply #1026 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 11:19:18 »
The new Windows logo you get looks pretty terrible and doesn't fit the font at all. The set is better off without it.
I wouldn't mind some very general modifier logo, but I can't really imagine something appropriate either.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1027 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 11:33:27 »
Equally relevant: the logo of the 2014 FIFA World Cup is a facepalm. They should change it!

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #1028 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 11:38:12 »

Just a reminder that the payment due date is coming up tomorrow. There are still 25 people that have left to pay. If you don't pay tomorrow you won't get your order.

Yeah lay down THE LAW, Ivan!
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1029 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:32:10 »
Maybe we could bring the pack buys back, I would kill for a blue mod set to get done
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline osi

« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:35:46 »
If anyone one is bailing on their color pack -- I am interested.

- osi

Offline Orca

Re: GMK DOLCH [PAYMENT DUE 15 July!!!]
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:40:49 »
would gladly takeover a base + color order for any unpaid orders~

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #1032 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:27:51 »
I am also willing to takeover the unpaid orders

Offline Prankk

« Reply #1033 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 18:50:13 »
I would very much like to take over an unpaid color pack. not really sure why I didn't order one to begin with.

Offline xandr

« Reply #1034 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 21:46:25 »
Same here. I'd happily adopt an unpaid color pack order as mentioned in my (unanswered) pm from a few days ago.
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1035 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 00:28:13 »
So Ivan your paypal must have what like 45 grand or something in it right now? I'm surprised paypal doesn't freak out with numbers like that. Thanks for your effort here! Glad I made it in.

Offline chrisq

« Reply #1036 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 07:53:02 »
I will also take an extra base set and color pack if needed.

Also sign me up for basically anything GMK you'll do next  ;D

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1037 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 09:29:20 »
Hehe, yeah it's more like $50K but I have premier account and took all the steps with them a long time ago to deal with larger amounts of transactions.

I'll open up for taking unpaid order tomorrow.

Offline TBone

« Reply #1038 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 09:47:14 »
Hehe, yeah it's more like $50K but I have premier account and took all the steps with them a long time ago to deal with larger amounts of transactions.

So Ivan you hopefully take some cut, right? At least to compensate you for your time? I mean you do so much for this community I really wouldn't mind paying you $10 per GB set. I don't know about others, but the fact that these sets exists without your work really means a lot to us! Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1039 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 10:30:04 »

So Ivan you hopefully take some cut, right? At least to compensate you for your time? I mean you do so much for this community I really wouldn't mind paying you $10 per GB set. I don't know about others, but the fact that these sets exists without your work really means a lot to us! Thanks!  :thumb:

Isn't that what the GB fee is for?

In other news I am really impressed that so many people actually paid in time. I guess we can easily compensate for the few that didn't pay :)

Offline TBone

« Reply #1040 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 10:42:08 »
Anyone know what color code the Cyan in the Color Pack is?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1041 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 10:45:03 »

Isn't that what the GB fee is for?

In other news I am really impressed that so many people actually paid in time. I guess we can easily compensate for the few that didn't pay :)

Indeed, glad everyone's paying up.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1042 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 10:56:04 »

I believe it's UN6037
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline TBone

« Reply #1043 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:21:53 »
I believe it's UN6037

I hope so! I'm picking up some of these GMK LED keycapshttp://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60117.30;topicseen Keycaps in UN6037 just in case I put this set on a 108 key with LED's. They just look sweet too!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1044 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 14:53:57 »
Yes it UN6037 in the COLOR pack.
Groupbuy fee covers things like mailing supplies, printer supplies like toner, any additional paypal fees I incur since they LOVE to doubledip transactions, currency exchange fee and general loss of value going from USD to EUR, wire transfer fee, shipping cost from GMK to me, customs clearance fees, other ancillary costs... generally there really isn't ever anything meaningful left at the end of all that and I calculate the fee carefully for this. The keys themselves have no mark up either are sold to you at same cost as GMK quotes me.
So it's all done with the intent to be non-profit.

It is nice to have a much lower than average cancellation/non-payment percentage on this buy. I only wish it could always be this way.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1045 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 14:58:16 »
It is nice to have a much lower than average cancellation/non-payment percentage on this buy. I only wish it could always be this way.

If you always ran Dolch, you could probably achieve that.   :))
 :p

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1046 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 19:42:16 »

If you always ran Dolch, you could probably achieve that.   :))
 :p

Yep it's Dolch, that's why it will always be bought.  Just glad this Group Buy has taken off successfully so we all shall enjoy the GMK perfection when it arrives into our homes.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #1047 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 19:42:44 »
Thanks Ivan!

Offline shawn o

« Reply #1048 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 11:58:10 »
I'll take a base set after all. I have no faith in ever getting a Dolch set from Originative so I'll have to learn to live with the symbol only keys!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1049 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:13:42 »
I will be accepting a limited number of last chance orders today ONLY!

Directions:
PM me with the following: what you want, email, real name and mailing address, and telephone if you are outside the USA (just copy pasta the below and fill in your info following this format)
BASE - 0
COLOR - 0
Space - 0

email@email.com
Ivan Ivanovich
Kremlin
Moscow
Russia
+7 495 695-37-76

If you can't be bothered to follow this, I can't be bothered to send you an invoice.