Author Topic: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]  (Read 2122319 times)

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Re: GMK DOLCH [PAYMENT DUE 15 July!!!]
« Reply #1050 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:15:17 »
I will be accepting a limited number of last chance orders today ONLY!

Directions:
PM me with the following: what you want, email, real name and mailing address, and telephone if you are outside the USA (just copy pasta the below and fill in your info following this format)
BASE - 0
COLOR - 0
Space - 0

email@email.com
Ivan Ivanovich
Kremlin
Moscow
Russia
+7 495 695-37-76

If you can't be bothered to follow this, I can't be bothered to send you an invoice.

Get on it, people!
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Re: GMK DOLCH [CLOSED, Invoicing complete]
« Reply #1051 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:57:10 »
^^ this, MOQ for that was near impossible due to costs and interest, everyone wants to say they want something but they won't speak with their wallets

I wish I had the spare $10'000 to sink into this to get made by GMK but my Mrs would kill me in places I will never use again in my lifetime.

She doesn't mind a grand here or there but when it comes to thousands for just one key-set, then there is no way to stay alive after she finds out and she always will.  Women seem more sensitive to extravagant purchases then anyone else so unless there is a very 'brilliant' excuse to cover a huge dent in my bank account for a couple of weeks, then it's off the table  ::) .

:-X :-\ >:D :-* :thumb:

I love to get a set!    I dont like anything lead colored.   :-\ 

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #1052 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 16:14:35 »
How different oem spacebar and gmk? I would to use my silver aluminium spacebar with this set, is it compatible?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1053 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 17:08:26 »
OEM spacebar is about 2mm taller than Cherry spacebar. If you don't mind the difference it's fine. OEM will be about level with the tops of the letters in the above row. I have used such arrangement in the past and it wasn't an issue since spacebar is a pretty unique key anyway.

Offline Prankk

« Reply #1054 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 17:56:02 »
Ivan, I PMed you with my last chance order, but I'm not sure it went through. Let me know if I need to resend.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1055 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:44:00 »

Directions:
PM me with the following: what you want, email, real name and mailing address, and telephone if you are outside the USA (just copy pasta the below and fill in your info following this format)
BASE - 0
COLOR - 0
Space - 0

email@email.com
Ivan Ivanovich
Kremlin
Moscow
Russia
+7 495 695-37-76

If you can't be bothered to follow this, I can't be bothered to send you an invoice.

This is why we love working with you Ivan. A hard working generous gentleman.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1056 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:54:26 »

Directions:
BASE - 0
COLOR - 0
Space - 0

email@email.com
Ivan Ivanovich
Kremlin
Moscow
Russia
+7 495 695-37-76

Someone talk me into this. After the orders closed on the 1st I was kind of kicking myself for not ordering a set. Now that I have a small window for a second chance I'm really trying to talk myself into a base + color set, but having a hard time justifying $150 for ABS keys. I haven't liked *any* of the ABS keys I've typed on since using PBT. Are GMK keys really that different from other ABS keys?? 

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1057 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:55:41 »

Directions:
BASE - 0
COLOR - 0
Space - 0

email@email.com
Ivan Ivanovich
Kremlin
Moscow
Russia
+7 495 695-37-76

Someone talk me into this. After the orders closed on the 1st I was kind of kicking myself for not ordering a set. Now that I have a small window for a second chance I'm really trying to talk myself into a base + color set, but having a hard time justifying $150 for ABS keys. I haven't liked *any* of the ABS keys I've typed on since using PBT. Are GMK keys really that different from other ABS keys??

They're real thick and real nice.   :thumb:   Highly recommended.  ;)

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1058 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:05:14 »
Talking you into GMK - that would be Elrick's job. I read a few of his post up there and jumped in!

Offline TBone

« Reply #1059 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 21:05:59 »

Directions:
BASE - 0
COLOR - 0
Space - 0

email@email.com
Ivan Ivanovich
Kremlin
Moscow
Russia
+7 495 695-37-76

These GMK keysets are the only keysets that will be released in the next few years with real Cherry molds. These are the molds cherry created to perfectly fit Cherry keycaps. They are made using the same molds all of the most collectible keysets are made from (original Dolch, any Cherry keyboard EVER with double shots). There is a reason they are so collectible and have made Cherry MX switches so famous. SignaturePlastics, TaiHao, and EVEN Cherry can't and won't make keycaps using molds that CHERRY developed. They can't because there is a patent on the molds. Any other manufacturer will only be able to guess for their key tooling equipment. Cherry actually knows the numbers and tolerances perfectly because they spent years developing their keyboard. Go back and read the first few pages of this post, you will be convinced.  :thumb:

Offline osi

« Reply #1060 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 21:27:52 »
Ahhh! Been busy today - first time seeing this!!!

Dat color pack - need it

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1061 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 23:21:08 »
I'll send out whatever invoices need sending out tomorrow from messages that followed the directions.

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #1062 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 23:29:07 »

Try to win me over by telling me why this set is so special and so good:) I don't quite know the difference between this set and the standard ABS Doubleshots.
And yes, i know he's doing us all a favor, this set seems to be very popular. Great job with launching this GB! :thumb:

1) Aesthetics.
2) It's s accurate of a replica as it can get of one of the most popular sets around due to point 1 above.
3) Doubleshot and thick abs. Made by the same equipment used to make the original. It might as well be the original already except this is a group buy.
4) Everything you hear about thick keycaps apply to them, even if they're abs. They're still thick and of very good quality.

If I'm not wrong, this is a keycap made by the same company so you can see how it is http://www.geekkeys.com/gmk-white-esc/

5) This groupbuy took a long time to come. And it will probably not come again for a very long time. If along the way in your keyboard journey, you start to realise why these caps were so sought after, I'd rather you be glad you got them, rather than regret that you had the chance and have to wade through tons of classified threads to find these again lol.
6) If for some reason you don't like these, you can always sell them off again rather easily. I'm pretty sure there will be people who have missed this and are looking for a chance to get hold of one from another member. Or if they joined after this gb ended and only realised why they were so good after the gb ended and were unable to get one.
7) Based on those reasons above, you don't really have a reason not to get one, unless it's cause of finanicial issues. Friend's birthday? Get a dolch. your birthday? Get a dolch. Lamp died? Get a dolch. Thermostat too cold? Get a dolch.

Hope this helps!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1063 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 00:48:35 »
I'll send out whatever invoices need sending out tomorrow from messages that followed the directions.

I'll add a Color pack, message to be sent in a minute, but will that change the shipping fee (adding more) for the total order?
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline osi

« Reply #1064 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 08:23:43 »
I may be losing my mind. Ivan - I want to say I was coherent enough to send some order details last night but that message is not in my geekhack outbox.

Sent another PM this morning with second order details just now -- that message did not save to my outbox either for some reason. If there are two PM's, please disregard the second copy.

edit : Apologies - nevermind ; found it in my sent items. Of course this message would not have been in my inbox as there is no reply to the original. Tooooo early for my brain today
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 July 2014, 08:26:28 by osi »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: GMK DOLCH [CLOSED]
« Reply #1065 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 11:54:25 »
No more orders please.

Offline Orca

« Reply #1066 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:51:01 »
thanks ivan  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1067 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 15:18:35 »
No more orders please.

The flood gates are closed :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1068 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:19:04 »
Indeed. Submitted final count to GMK, just waiting for invoice for total then will do the wire transfer to them and get the production time estimate.
Final count:
Base : 325
COLOR : 385
SPACE : 340

I hope all of these keycaps can fit inside my place :))
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:20:55 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1069 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:20:50 »
Indeed. Submitted final count to GMK, just waiting for invoice for total then will do the wire transfer to them and get the production time estimate.
Final count:

:thumb:   Best news I've heard all day.

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #1070 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:35:50 »
Final count:

Incredible. Good luck Ivan!
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1071 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:53:11 »
Final count:

Looking forward to getting these caps. Thanks for this Ivan!

Offline osi

« Reply #1072 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 22:27:51 »
All squared up -- Ivan, you da man  :thumb:

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #1073 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 22:32:14 »
Final count:

WOw, big orders ;). :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1074 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 05:57:12 »
Final count:

WOw, big orders ;) . :thumb:

For a GMK order, not bad at all.  I hope the next Key-set design can get that same amount of people because once the current ones receive theirs then they will know why GMK is better than any other key-cap manufacturer in the world today :thumb: .

These will all go onto my GONs without hesitation.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #1075 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 06:10:18 »
All squared up -- Ivan, you da man  :thumb:

Ivan, you da real MVP.  :thumb:

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline SaySo

« Reply #1076 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 07:30:29 »
Final count:

Thank you Ivan for making this (and for the "last day" order )  :thumb:

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1077 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 09:23:59 »
looking at the order counts makes me wonder how in the hell in the past could we reach the MoQ of 400 :o
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1078 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 09:25:34 »
looking at the order counts makes me wonder how in the hell in the past could we reach the MoQ of 400 :o

We have never reached 400 for a full set.  We reached it for the purple mods and CMYK because many people boughts multiple sets (myself included), due to the more reasonable price.  That's why in the past we've only had partial sets from GMK, AFAIK.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1079 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 09:28:57 »
Purple mods is still the one bugs me the most, it happened before me into keyboard things :( and now they are like gold on the market :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline osi

« Reply #1080 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 09:56:23 »
Purple mods is still the one bugs me the most, it happened before me into keyboard things :( and now they are like gold on the market :(

* waiting for the purpz to come back around *

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1081 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:17:51 »
red alert plz

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1082 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:24:25 »
red alert plz
Red mod, grey alpha and white legends!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline TBone

« Reply #1083 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:30:24 »
Oh god if there were anymore GMK Mods I'd be in right away!  :eek:

I'd love to see some red mods personally  ;)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1084 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:57:19 »
red alert, blue mods nav, purple mods nav,... ah I want them right nooooowwwwww!!!
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Battou62

« Reply #1085 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:00:12 »
Say Red Alert, Purple/Blue mods one more time. That S**T ain't happening :)

Offline pr1me

« Reply #1086 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 13:34:23 »
Too bad the add on pack didn't make it :(
Ivan should've added an extra left shift on the main set for the Leopold Fc660m XD.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #1087 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 15:31:03 »
Too bad the add on pack didn't make it :(
Ivan should've added an extra left shift on the main set for the Leopold Fc660m XD.
Buy two sets instead!   ;D

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline shawn o

« Reply #1088 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 21:02:35 »
Sent PM re:base set. Been on (still away) holiday all week.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1089 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 11:11:53 »
FC660 owner can probably talk one of ISO guys to selling 2.25 left shifts.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1090 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 13:32:57 »
Got a verification call from PayPal a little while ago about this buy, told them everything was on the up and up and Ivan was a standup guy. They seemed to be aware of the concept of a group buy and verified I realized it would be some time before the product was delivered. Very interesting phone call.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1091 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 13:34:20 »
Got a verification call from PayPal a little while ago about this buy, told them everything was on the up and up and Ivan was a standup guy. They seemed to be aware of the concept of a group buy and verified I realized it would be some time before the product was delivered. Very interesting phone call.

You provided your real telephone number? I never do this, unless it's absolutely necessary - those calls are annoying...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1092 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 13:43:22 »

You provided your real telephone number? I never do this, unless it's absolutely necessary - those calls are annoying...

But if there was an actual unauthorized transaction how are they supposed to get a hold of me??

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1093 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 13:48:05 »

But if there was an actual unauthorized transaction how are they supposed to get a hold of me??

Mail? I can't even remember whether I was asked to provide a number. If yes, I probably made one up :D

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1094 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 15:01:36 »
Mail? ...
Ha ha, yeah -- I get these mails from PayPal a lot: "There has been a problem with your account, sir. Please use the link below to log in and verify your data. If you don't comply in the next 24 h, we will destroy your account forever and all your money will be lost!"   :D

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1095 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 15:01:32 »

Mail? I can't even remember whether I was asked to provide a number. If yes, I probably made one up :D

i just give them a google voice number

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1096 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 18:05:12 »
I use my own, not sure why I wouldn't want paypal to it, they have it on my account anyways.

Offline ERACK

« Reply #1097 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 23:18:02 »
Lurked here forever and eventually singed up just to get in on a keycap group buy, this one came around at the perfect time. Couldn't wait to see what these caps were all about so I ordered a GMK Cherry profile ESC from Geekkeys. Must say they put the Filco keycaps to shame, which I'm sure is no surprise to anyone except me. Now I just need to fill the rest of my board with this goodness.     

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1098 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 23:50:03 »
Lurked here forever and eventually singed up just to get in on a keycap group buy, this one came around at the perfect time. Couldn't wait to see what these caps were all about so I ordered a GMK Cherry profile ESC from Geekkeys. Must say they put the Filco keycaps to shame, which I'm sure is no surprise to anyone except me. Now I just need to fill the rest of my board with this goodness.     

When Ivan delivers these babies to your front door then you shall make any keyboard shine with perfection.  You now have some hardcore enthusiasts here that will no longer buy any other key-caps unless GMK makes it.

Truly understandable on every level.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1099 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 21:09:02 »
Not sure if it was mentioned yet if GMK has been paid? Just curious. I guess its probably a pain to transfer 50k.