Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 1522 times)

Offline m4shooter

New Guy
« on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 16:35:39 »
Hello All,

I just took the plunge into the world of mechanical keyboards.

I built a gaming PC back in March, and planned on getting a mechanical 60% keyboard. Then my wife bought a Logitech G510S from one of her friends, so I decided to spend the money on another part of my ever continuing build.

Needless to say my itch for a mechanical keyboard wouldn't go away, so I just got in on the group buy for a KBC Poker II with Cherry MX Clears on MassDrop.

I also just ordered some LED's so that I can add led's to it when it arrives.

I have lurked here long enough so I decided it was time to register.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 May 2014, 16:48:16 by m4shooter »

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 16:55:36 »
welcome, dude
hope you enjoy your stay  ;D
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline m4shooter

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 10:33:57 »
Scratch that.... Massdrop order for MX Clears was cancelled.

Time to find another 60%  :mad:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 10:47:19 »
Why was it cancelled?  There is also the drop for the FC660M on massdrop. 60% with arrows.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 10:53:15 »
Why was it cancelled?  There is also the drop for the FC660M on massdrop. 60% with arrows.

As far as I know all the orders with Clears have been canceled. They didn't really have Clear switches to offer (they made a mistake).

Welcome to the Club m4shooter
You could try another switch if this is your first, because it will not be your last, trust me  ;)

Offline m4shooter

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 22:40:30 »

As far as I know all the orders with Clears have been canceled. They didn't really have Clear switches to offer (they made a mistake).

You could try another switch if this is your first, because it will not be your last, trust me  ;)

That's what I'm afraid of!

I am trying to source MX clear switches at the moment. I think I might just modify my Poker II for clears, and then order a TK board with blues for coding. Jeez I'm already planning on buying so many boards. This can't be good haha

Offline kohi

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 23:49:02 »
you can get some clear switches over at mechanicalkeyboards.com (plate or pcb mount depending on what you need) :thumb:
that's what I'm planning to do soon
and welcome to geekhack!

Offline kohi

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 23:49:19 »
whoops...ignore this lol

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 06:16:57 »

That's what I'm afraid of!

I am trying to source MX clear switches at the moment. I think I might just modify my Poker II for clears, and then order a TK board with blues for coding. Jeez I'm already planning on buying so many boards. This can't be good haha

Yeah I ended up modding a KeyCool 87II to MX Clear to use at work.
As about buying lots of boards, welcome to the club. I got my first, a Logitech G710+ in early march. Now I have the G710+, a modded KeyCool, an Apple Extended 2, and now I'm ordering a ErgoDox

you can get some clear switches over at mechanicalkeyboards.com (plate or pcb mount depending on what you need) :thumb:
that's what I'm planning to do soon
and welcome to geekhack!

Yeah when I modded the Keycool I got my switches from mechanicalkeyboards.com , but if you are in Europe you might want to look into ordering from 7bit over at deskthority.net too (0.65€ per switch and 4€ for shipping)