Author Topic: Long time lurker  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Kayla

• :3
Long time lurker
« on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 09:51:05 »
Hi. Im a long time lurker/keyboard & key enthusiast. I love seeing how things work and which keyboards and switches are different and why. Love WhiteFireDragon's channel and othersl ike it. Just thought I'd finally make a thread. :3 Im more of a window shopper and dreamer than someone who collects and such because my income is awful I dont relaly have any liquid income to throw at you guys. Would if I could though. :3 So hello everyone!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Long time lurker
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 09:52:49 »
Ah, but you know what you want, and that's the first step. Once the chance arises, you can take it knowing full well what you're getting into. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later for you. Good luck!

Offline Kayla

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 09:59:05 »
Well I have a Shine III TKL blue switches and purple LEDs aswell as a TK with reds. Mainly using them interchangeably for rhythm games and typing as well as light gaming. I like to think of my keyboard as some think of their car though; and spoil it the first chance I get. :) Im not a big fan of the widely traded gas masks and other character style key caps though, I just like pretty colors, well constructed boards and nice font face. I cant wait to get my keyboard to how I want it to be. :3

Thanks for the comment~

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 10:01:01 »
So you tricked me... You DO have keyboards. You just want more stuff! What sort of things are you thinking you'd like to get them how you want them to be?

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 10:08:07 »
cute avatar
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Kayla

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 10:20:55 »
So you tricked me... You DO have keyboards. You just want more stuff! What sort of things are you thinking you'd like to get them how you want them to be?
Well I like cool colors. I have been looking for Rainbow jelly poms for a long long time with no luck. So some either rainbow caps for my shine (Would be ideal if they were windowed but I dont think those have ever been created) or a nice pink and black bi-color set would be my most ideal. Is there a program or something that can be used to design keysets? I would design a few and post them here maybe. I'm not a good artist though. :p

cute avatar

Thanks. :)

Offline Rafen

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 14:06:29 »
Welcome to GH!

I think Qtan might have had some of those in his store a while back but I'm not sure. Might want to send him a PM and find out.

Offline Kayla

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 14:49:44 »
Welcome to GH!

I think Qtan might have had some of those in his store a while back but I'm not sure. Might want to send him a PM and find out.
you mean pom?

no, feng and imsto. they dont carry them any longer and cant get them for a long time.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 16:01:54 »
I love rainbows, but I sold off my POM jelly rainbow set, because it was kind of "meh".  The colors are really muted and washed out, so it's not that great.  However, the POM feels really nice on your fingertips, so that was a plus.  But, POM has a kind of slick feeling, that some people don't like, they say it feels "wet".  But I like POM, although  I never used that Jelly set, so I sold them to a nice person in Canada about 6 months ago.  If I still had them, I would've sold them to you. 

Oh well, anyway, the takeaway message is that it's always better to be in the game than on the sidelines.  So congrats on getting onto the GH super highway and getting off the lurker bus!   :thumb:

My last bit of advice:  You don't have to spend a fortune to have a nice keyboard, btw.  Spending a lot of money doesn't really help you get a better keyboard, just more keyboards.  Which is good too, but not really necessary.  However, I would say your minimum investment is going to be about ~ $200-250 to have something really awesome, that you can be proud of.  You can do it for less, but it won't look/feel as good.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Kayla

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 16:20:13 »
I love rainbows, but I sold off my POM jelly rainbow set, because it was kind of "meh".  The colors are really muted and washed out, so it's not that great.  However, the POM feels really nice on your fingertips, so that was a plus.  But, POM has a kind of slick feeling, that some people don't like, they say it feels "wet".  But I like POM, although  I never used that Jelly set, so I sold them to a nice person in Canada about 6 months ago.  If I still had them, I would've sold them to you. 

Oh well, anyway, the takeaway message is that it's always better to be in the game than on the sidelines.  So congrats on getting onto the GH super highway and getting off the lurker bus!   :thumb:

My last bit of advice:  You don't have to spend a fortune to have a nice keyboard, btw.  Spending a lot of money doesn't really help you get a better keyboard, just more keyboards.  Which is good too, but not really necessary.  However, I would say your minimum investment is going to be about ~ $200-250 to have something really awesome, that you can be proud of.  You can do it for less, but it won't look/feel as good.

Thanks for the reply. Sad to hear about the jellys. Yeah Im ready to drop the investment on making something that I'm going to enjoy. It will take quite a bit of saving.. I have a kind of idea of what I want but I'm open to other opinions and ideas and such which is why Ive lurked for so long. I'm really indecisive. I'd like to stay on the black/pink motif I just cant decide which arangement, or if I want to seek out custom printed caps for certain non-letter keys.. I do like the pink on black though. I also really like purple and blue, and the midnight concept set looks interesting too..

I dont know how I feel about just getting an entire pre-done keyset without any of my own thought going into it at all. I dont have the single loose key caps to customize things, just the OEM tk and ducky blacks so I'm two sets away from being able to mix/match. I guess I just need to know where to go? Shipping to Canada is a little hard to swallow aswell so then I have to consider ordering everything from a place I can get singles. Lots of thought/research to keep a lurker lurkin.