Author Topic: [IC] Joker inspired keycap set  (Read 2344 times)

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
[IC] Joker inspired keycap set
« on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 19:56:35 »
Interest check for a doubleshot ABS set based on the fictional character, Joker, from Batman. If you really want more information, check this link out.

Rough draft here (was too lazy to finish making all the legends as this was done in Powerpoint with text boxes for every single keycap):

Color choice reasoning:
Primary colors I think of when I think of the Joker would be purple, green, red, white, and black. Purple is almost essential to this color scheme IMO, and purple and red as the primary colors would look rather ugly. A splash of red for his iconic smile on the escape key is added to make the set a little more interesting.

Purple and red:

For purple, RDA - the other purple seems a little too dark to match with the other colors. Then again, the purple normally associated with the Joker is pretty dark too... opinions?
For red, RA or RN I think. the keycap is already green so it will make the red look slightly brighter than if it were on a white background.

Green:

VCM or VCS, leaning towards VCS slightly so it will be more easily read from white keycaps for the alphas.

White:

Not sure. A lot of these look really similar to me, and I'm not sure what kind would be best. WA or WFK perhaps?

Font:
I plan to run this through SP, so hopefully they will let us use the Cherry legends. The plan is to use Cherry legends on everything that is not covered by custom symbols (escape key, windows key, fn key, possibly alt key).

Custom keycaps:
First off, I'm not completely sure these are doable using SP's molds. The details on the flag gun might be too intricate...?

Currently, I have the smile, fake flag gun, and pair of cards as custom legends.
I also toyed around with the idea of a flower (Joker's squirt flower), but this ended up looking really funny when it was just a solid color.
I also considered doing the four suites (as seen on some of those Poker sets on sale on techkeys and other novelty key stores) for the four bottom modifiers, but I'm not sure how relevant that would be to the theme - Joker uses a deck of cards as shurikens, but outside of that, I'm not sure how that would fit in.

Suggestions for more custom keycap ideas are welcome.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
Re: [IC] Joker inspired keycap set
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 04:27:53 »
a "why so serious?" printed spacebar would be nice.

If you're going for DCS profile then I think we could get ABS laser etched spacebars from WASD since doubleshot might be freaking expensive. Still, need to contact SP for quote if they've doubleshot spacebars.