Author Topic: Alps Lover  (Read 1562 times)

Offline tree

Alps Lover
« on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 23:23:58 »
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum, amongst other mechanical keyboard forums, for between two and three years now. I have interests in compact, 75% layouts, and Alps switches in particular. I decided to finally make an account to begin posting and sharing my experiences because I've become interested in Sprit's 75% Alps PCB project.

My favourite keyboard is my Ortek MCK-84. It now contains Matias Quiet Click switches.

Thanks for having me.

Offline vinzlr

Re: Alps Lover
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 23:32:21 »
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum, amongst other mechanical keyboard forums, for between two and three years now. I have interests in compact, 75% layouts, and Alps switches in particular. I decided to finally make an account to begin posting and sharing my experiences because I've become interested in Sprit's 75% Alps PCB project.

My favourite keyboard is my Ortek MCK-84. It now contains Matias Quiet Click switches.

Thanks for having me.

Welcome! Im new too :P Im thinking about getting a Matias Quiet click somewhere in the future, how hard is it to get caps for them?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 23:38:10 »
Welcome to GH. What other keyboards do you have in your collection?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline tree

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 23:58:37 »
Welcome to GH. What other keyboards do you have in your collection?

Presently, in addition to my Ortek MCK-84, I own a Filco tenkeyless with reds, two Keycool 84s with clears and browns respectively, and a Razer black widow (in shambles) that I bought for parts.

Welcome! Im new too :P Im thinking about getting a Matias Quiet click somewhere in the future, how hard is it to get caps for them?

It's going to be tough. Alps keyboards come with all kinds of stupid configurations of modifier keys, so finding keycaps with the same style and profile for your Matias is going to be a real challenge. If you're not satisfied with the way the Matias looks, just do what I did and buy a load of Matias switches for another compact Alps keyboard.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 00:03:22 »
Actually, Matias is developing replacement PBT caps now, and they're expected to go on sale later this summer. Read through this thread. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45483.0;topicseen
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline tree

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 00:18:21 »
Actually, Matias is developing replacement PBT caps now, and they're expected to go on sale later this summer. Read through this thread. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45483.0;topicseen

I assumed he meant that he'd like to be able to change the look of his keycaps. I've always thought the Matias keyboards were ugly...