Author Topic: Ducky PBT or Vortex Bi-Color PBT Double Shot  (Read 6124 times)

Offline zenko

Ducky PBT or Vortex Bi-Color PBT Double Shot
« on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 15:15:37 »
Hi guys, i'm confusing between ducky PBT here and vortex PBT here. I love the light green color in ducky set, but vortex got double shot legend, and i think they'll have the same feel when typing. Can anyone here give me an advice? :p

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Ducky PBT or Vortex Bi-Color PBT Double Shot
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 15:19:55 »
ducky. vortex ds pbt has warping issues, and the font is still not perfect

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 18:38:00 »
The Ducky ones have engraved legends - difficult to see unless the angle of the light is right.

Vortex have conventional doubleshot legends, but there is a slight variation in consistency between the legends across key groups (e.g. alphas, modifiers, function keys).

Personally I prefer clearly defined legends, so I'd probably go for the Vortex ones, particular the blue and white (which you didn't link to, but the same style as the green).  Also considering that this round of Vortex legends are much better than the last one.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 09:37:19 »
I'd probably go for the Vortex ones, particular the blue and white (which you didn't link to, but the same style as the green)

No longer available at our store...sadly...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 17:53:33 »
I have the vortex bi-color Pink on White set on my watermelon board.

Alphas are pretty consistent but the line width on numbers is a little off.  My 6 is a very thin line and my 7 and 8 and bottom of 3 are thick lines.

Still...it's double shot thick PBT...like...totally worth...

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline hardlyhappy

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 03:31:39 »
o_0 where can we buy these vortex's? I want!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 05:42:13 »

The original Vortex PBT DS are here, but do note that they are the first set, with the inconsistent legends and same-coloured modifiers.

You might contact them to see if they are getting the second version (more consistent legends, reverse-coloured modifiers).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hardlyhappy

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 06:37:17 »

The original Vortex PBT DS are here, but do note that they are the first set, with the inconsistent legends and same-coloured modifiers.

You might contact them to see if they are getting the second version (more consistent legends, reverse-coloured modifiers).

My only interest are those beautiful blue/white sets that match/remind me of the blue sky and white clouds outside my window :P

I'll ask 'em.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 16:52:16 »

My only interest are those beautiful blue/white sets that match/remind me of the blue sky and white clouds outside my window :P

I'll ask 'em.

The blue's my favourite too :)

feng has some red ones - you might ask if he's going to get more blue ones.

Offline sdiearly

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 02:10:19 »
Vortex DS PBT

KBT bi-color DS PBT, note that top row is R5 profile

Ducky dye-sub PBT

My favorite 60%:  TEX-Beetle
                 80%:  KBtalKing Race
                100%: Cherry G80-3494, Zowie Celeritas