Author Topic: (question) Keyboard with lots of modding space?  (Read 1841 times)

Offline ljfkidd

(question) Keyboard with lots of modding space?
« on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:21:38 »
I have a project for my computer science lab where we have to create an embedded device, i am wondering if there is a mechanical keyboard where i could fit in a raspberry pi and some outputs for it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:23:21 by ljfkidd »

Offline Doesntknowwhattosay

Re: (question) Keyboard with lots of modding space?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:02:15 »
A model m or nearly every old full size keyboard, because they tend to have big and clumsy cases.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:35:04 »
A Dell AT101 is a decent keyboard that can be found free or cheap easily enough. It has a good bit of room inside.
“This isn’t the same Trump that got elected in 2016, he’s worse.”
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”
“What kind of man is this?”  Biden asked. — June 3, 2024

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:39:13 »
I planned to do exactly that a long time ago. Board of choice? Model F or M-122. More than plenty of room

Never came into fruition, partly because I'm too lazy to buy a rasberry pi (even though I bought a usb hub with a power source for it) and also I don't have proper tools to cut up a case.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:17:55 »
and also I don't have proper tools to cut up a case.

This is probably low quality, but you could do a lot of stuff with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160902602290?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
“This isn’t the same Trump that got elected in 2016, he’s worse.”
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”
“What kind of man is this?”  Biden asked. — June 3, 2024

Offline ljfkidd

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 04:56:53 »
ok, thanks everybody