Author Topic: shipping help because I'm a n00b  (Read 893 times)

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
shipping help because I'm a n00b
« on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 17:22:41 »
So if there's shipping guide somewhere on this website please link me to that. I've been looking online for First Class International package shipping. However I can't seem to find the option anywhere does anybody know how to ship 1st class international using USPS?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: shipping help because I'm a n00b
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 17:29:30 »

Then hit this link. Fill out the form, pay, print out your shipping label, slap it on to your package.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 20:29:45 »
The USPS has been changing their services around a lot lately.

I would recommend shipping via priority mail international. If you pay online, it's usually only a few percent more, and you get insurance, etc.

I always use the USPS postage price calculator ( http://postcalc.usps.gov/ ) and then log into my USPS account and ship from there.

Note that FCM is limited to packages weighing less than 4 lbs. If your package weighs more, then you have to use priority / express / GXG

Maximum length: 24 inches
Maximum length, height, and width combined: 36 inches

First-Class Package International Service can be used for lightweight packages or bulky large envelopes. The surface area of the address side of the item to be mailed must be large enough to contain completely the applicable customs form, postage, and any applicable markings, endorsements, and extra service labels.
  • Tracking is not available.
  • Insurance and indemnity are not available.
  • Registered Mail is available as an added service to most destinations for an additional fee.
  • 4 pound maximum.
  • Value of contents cannot exceed $400.
  • Requires customs declaration form PS Form 2976 if the item contains dutiable contents.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 July 2014, 20:35:34 by dorkvader »

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 03:15:49 »
Thank you both!