Author Topic: New to the keyboard verse. Also, I got some questions.  (Read 871 times)

Offline KnightlyWishes

New to the keyboard verse. Also, I got some questions.
« on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 05:53:35 »
First off, I would like to introduce myself. Sup, I go by the name Knightly, I'm 17, and I'm a gamer. I also love tech, specifically things like GNU/Linux ( #debianmasterrace  :cool:), and music is a huge part of my life. Not much else to really say but it's nice to meet all of you and I hope we have future discussions.

Now I hope it is okay to ask some keyboard questions, if it is not let me know and I will edit this post :)

Like I stated above I am a gamer so I'm looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard and I have settled that I will either get Cherry MX Red or Blue switches. I was looking around for some keyboards to buy, some full size ones, some tkl and 60% ones etc. I eventually found a keyboard I really like:  http://www.mechkb.com/vortex-ikbc-f-104-double-shot-pbt-mechanical-keyboard - It has Double-Shot PBT keycaps that I really want and I overall like it. I then found this yt video:
- And I think the keyboard that I want is the same one this guy is using so it got me thinking, is there some way I could switch out the keyboard case to something I like? I would like a really low profile keyboard case, so my first question is if I buy this keyboard can I switch out the case like the guy did with his? On to the second question, I really like how his keyboard sounds, what exactly did he do to make his keyboard sound like that? I would love to be able to do something similar.

I really want to buy a mechanical keyboard that I can mod and make it my own and just have fun with it, even if it costs me a crap load of money. I've never modded keyboard, or anything for that matter. but I want to.

Thank you for any suggestions and advice  :D