Author Topic: Noppoo Choc mini keycap problem.  (Read 1335 times)

Offline djellybeans

Noppoo Choc mini keycap problem.
« on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 15:28:48 »
Hello Geekhack community!,

First off, im entirely new to this website ^^ I wish I had found it before since this is like the best site for keyboard fans!

I have recently bought a Noppoo choc mini with cherry mx brown switches and I have to say that it is a awesome keyboard.
Two days ago I started having trouble with my left SHIFT key. When I press it on the far left and the far right it just doesn't register.
The stems of the shift key seem to not lock into the actual switch itself and are very loose, this makes the keep pop out very easily.

I have been looking around on the internet but can't seem to find any real fix for it. What do you guys on Geekhack recommend I should do?

Thanks in Advance,

Djelly

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Noppoo Choc mini keycap problem.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 15:37:51 »
If the keycap stems are just loose you can cut some small squares from plastic wrap or a sack or something to put over the stabilizer and/or switch stems and it should make it tight fitting. Other issue is it could be warped which can be fixed with older hair blow dryer that actually has heat. Or, you could just replace it with a different keycap. Cherry profile keys are what you have on the keyboard now so the profile will match up.

Offline djellybeans

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 15:49:37 »
Thank you very much for your reply.

I am going to try the plastic fixing method first. I live in Europe and keycaps seem to be hard to come by, any places where I can buy seperate keys?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 15:55:50 »
Not really any good place to buy individual keys that is a shop I don't think. There is always the classifieds here. Or you could check your local ebay or etc for Cherry G80 or G81 models which could be a good solution if you want some other language layout.