Author Topic: [IC] Granite Round 2  (Read 249768 times)

Offline SL89

Re: [IC] Granite Round 2
« Reply #1350 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 12:39:50 »
Which keys from that set are you looking for? I have the 2 sets at the top of that picture that I would be willing to part with.

I was looking at the whole of the Windows set, but the Classic one gets me right in the feels.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1351 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 12:44:05 »
Which keys from that set are you looking for? I have the 2 sets at the top of that picture that I would be willing to part with.

I was looking at the whole of the Windows set, but the Classic one gets me right in the feels.

If you're willing to cover shipping they're yours.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Lubed Up Slug

« Reply #1352 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 20:29:50 »
If anyone has an extra caps lock or other 1.75 unit key pm me.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1353 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 23:59:28 »
If anyone has an extra caps lock or other 1.75 unit key pm me.

I have a handful of extra 1.75u keys including a caps lock.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline exellion

« Reply #1354 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 11:42:16 »
Hi guys, first of all I wish you all a happy new year.
This post to remind you that I'm looking for just 4 keys. Please check attached images.
I was hoping some one could lend a hand.
Shipping costs (even from outside EU) will be at my charge so please don't hesitate.
I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1355 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 17:15:12 »
Icon RGB mods came in today and, *sigh*, the shift keys have some pretty bad warp to them :(

Stupidly waited for them before I put the Granite on one of my boards... Now i feel like a dummy. Thanks PMK :(

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1356 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 17:44:23 »
After getting my keys in I was just really disappointed.. The quality was just unbelievably sub par... Glad I found a buyer for it all. The only key I kept was the extra Matt3o robot key cap in the bonus novelty pack. That key is awesome.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1357 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 19:34:26 »
After getting my keys in I was just really disappointed.. The quality was just unbelievably sub par... Glad I found a buyer for it all. The only key I kept was the extra Matt3o robot key cap in the bonus novelty pack. That key is awesome.

I know how you feel, bro. Disappointing, but Matt3o still has my full support.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1358 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 20:20:56 »

I know how you feel, bro. Disappointing, but Matt3o still has my full support.
Yeah. That's why I kept the Matt3o robot key. The legend on it was super crisp which was nice. But I'm done with sp.. The pbt came out bad and thin dcs isn't the most fun either.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #1359 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 08:35:07 »
Has anyone who ordered the Blue ISO enter keys got theirs yet? I'm curious how they look

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1360 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 08:43:44 »
good esc key :)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1361 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 08:53:22 »

Sorry to bug you Matt3o , but what are the officials words of MassDrop/SP regarding the failed international set ? Will the missing / wrong printed keys be redone ? If so when can we expect them ?

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #1362 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 11:52:53 »

Who knows what round 3 might bring...  :rolleyes:

Offline xybre

• clickityclackclickityclack
    • Music and Stuff
« Reply #1363 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:21:25 »

Sorry to bug you Matt3o , but what are the officials words of MassDrop/SP regarding the failed international set ? Will the missing / wrong printed keys be redone ? If so when can we expect them ?

For the misprints they want me to ship them back to them and said it will take a while to get replacements if I really want them. :/
GON NerD 60 & Duck Eagle & Unicomp Ultra Classic & Das Keyboard Ultimate

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1364 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:26:49 »

For the misprints they want me to ship them back to them and said it will take a while to get replacements if I really want them. :/

That is an awesome customer service!?, what am I saying, that sucks!

Offline howthegodschill

« Reply #1365 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 22:31:56 »
Praying to Jah that there is a round three.

Offline honoka

« Reply #1366 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 10:02:05 »

Not sure that will happen. Matt3o called me "cray cray" for even suggesting it :)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1367 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 10:06:20 »

Would you mind screening this answer , last answer from MassDrop I got about it was :
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1368 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 10:12:53 »
Would you mind screening this answer , last answer from MassDrop I got about it was :
Show Image

Regarding the case I opened for my Granite order, I got pretty much exactly the same answer as you, azhdar. I was never asked to ship anything back (I would not be too happy about that, if I was). I'm pretty okay with how MD is handling it. Clearly the situation is a mess, I think they are doing the best they can.  I'm sure I'll get the correct keys eventually. I'm not in a rush.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1369 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 10:19:09 »
Show Image

Regarding the case I opened for my Granite order, I got pretty much exactly the same answer as you, azhdar. I was never asked to ship anything back (I would not be too happy about that, if I was). I'm pretty okay with how MD is handling it. Clearly the situation is a mess, I think they are doing the best they can.  I'm sure I'll get the correct keys eventually. I'm not in a rush.
I really hope I won't have to ship them back too since they'll most likely trash them .
I'm just curious if there's something else than a ticket to do to get replacement for the missing & missprinted one.
I'm pretty sure we'll get them anyway .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #1370 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 10:38:17 »
Does anyone have a standers set for sale

Offline xybre

• clickityclackclickityclack
    • Music and Stuff
« Reply #1371 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 07:31:05 »

Show Image

Yeah sure. I'm pretty annoyed right now. I mean, I spent almost $300 on Granite, this is just insulting.

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 January 2015, 07:32:56 by xybre »
GON NerD 60 & Duck Eagle & Unicomp Ultra Classic & Das Keyboard Ultimate

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1372 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 07:35:18 »

Not sure that will happen. Matt3o called me "cray cray" for even suggesting it :)

With MD? Sure why not, we do not learn our lessons only at GH.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1373 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 07:36:40 »

Show Image

Yeah sure. I'm pretty annoyed right now. I mean, I spent almost $300 on Granite, this is just insulting.

Show Image

25$ haha , I hope we'll have a final word from matt3o about it because it shouldn't be handled case by case .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Data

« Reply #1374 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 07:57:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, I'd be livid.  Henry needs to check his ****, because that's not how this works.

Offer to ship him the wrong/broken/warped(?) keys only.  He can send you the replacements plus the missing keys.  This is how SP will handle it on their side, so he should be able to make it work on his.  Those are the breaks when you decide you're going to be the middleman and do all the sorting on your own (and consequently **** it up).

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1375 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 09:48:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, I'd be livid.  Henry needs to check his ****, because that's not how this works.

Offer to ship him the wrong/broken/warped(?) keys only.  He can send you the replacements plus the missing keys.  This is how SP will handle it on their side, so he should be able to make it work on his.  Those are the breaks when you decide you're going to be the middleman and do all the sorting on your own (and consequently **** it up).
This is why I'm glad I sold my stuff early while people still have hype for these keys.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1376 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 12:22:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

In my experience, Massdrop customer service is ****. I ordered a $30 item, and it never arrived. I sent probably 5-10 emails to multiple email addresses, and never got a single reply.

Offline Data

« Reply #1377 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 12:25:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

In my experience, Massdrop customer service is ****. I ordered a $30 item, and it never arrived. I sent probably 5-10 emails to multiple email addresses, and never got a single reply.

I hope you called your bank and issued a chargeback.

If Massdrop got more of those they might straighten out their order fulfillment.  ... Or eventually lose the ability to process credit card payments, which is probably 99% of their business.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1378 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 12:28:34 »
I didn't do a chargeback because they did send me a tracking number, so it did get sent. But it got lost somewhere along the way I assume. I don't blame them for it, as it is probably USPS or CanadaPost's fault, but I am annoyed at their lack of communication when I inquired about getting another sent out. I would be hesitant to order more expensive items from them in case something bad does happen and not getting any customer service.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1379 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 17:01:48 »
just to be clear. I have absolutely no control over what happens at MassDrop.

last time I checked they were trying to have the wrong sets rectified, it was a SP fault, not MD.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1380 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 17:08:33 »
just to be clear. I have absolutely no control over what happens at MassDrop.

last time I checked they were trying to have the wrong sets rectified, it was a SP fault, not MD.

Is clear that you are out of this business, MD is in by its own choice, middle man shall take over any quality issue as they did not find it before shipping and only MD dealt directly with SP.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1381 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 23:55:59 »
Well, I managed to figure out a way of dealing with the bent modifiers  :cool:

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1382 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 02:03:28 »
Well, I managed to figure out a way of dealing with the bent modifiers  :cool:

smart ass!

Offline Data

« Reply #1383 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 20:35:25 »
SP posted an update in their vendor forum.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67790

Offline drrtyrokka

« Reply #1384 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 00:52:13 »

Though I still didn't receive my keycaps, I think they will most likely have all these issues too...
Do I have to write to Massdrop or Signature Plastics directly to get the new ones now?

Cheers!

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #1385 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 11:55:21 »

Thanks for the link :D

Offline drrtyrokka

« Reply #1386 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:25:26 »
Yea, my Granite Round 2 set finally arrived.
Unfortunately a lot of keys are missing/wrong printed here and there, especially in the International Kit. But we knew that, right?
I hope Massdrop/SP can handle this. Did everyone write to Massdrop?

I mixed Round 1 and 2 and created two new setups. I'm sharin':
https://imgur.com/a/IFOnF

Because of the lack of the international keys, I did'nt use them at all. Instead a beautiful mono legend variant.
Though I really like the crispy red look of the secondary legends. I hope we will get this fixed soon  :(

All in all, I like what I see :) Thanks matt3o, again, thanks.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1387 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:40:14 »
Yea, my Granite Round 2 set finally arrived.
Unfortunately a lot of keys are missing/wrong printed here and there, especially in the International Kit. But we knew that, right?
I hope Massdrop/SP can handle this. Did everyone write to Massdrop?

I mixed Round 1 and 2 and created two new setups. I'm sharin':
https://imgur.com/a/IFOnF

Because of the lack of the international keys, I did'nt use them at all. Instead a beautiful mono legend variant.
Though I really like the crispy red look of the secondary legends. I hope we will get this fixed soon  :(

All in all, I like what I see :) Thanks matt3o, again, thanks.

Read the posts above yours .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline drrtyrokka

« Reply #1388 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 08:02:19 »

I did that, but couldn't actually get what exactly to do now?
Do I have to make pictures of all the keys that are missing in the sets?
Also my RGB kit wasn't in the set arrived a few days ago. Shouldn't the ones with RGB get it late, but get it together?
Can anyone just summarize what's happening over there in the discussion over on the massdrop website, and what do we have to do now. Clearly.

thank you

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1389 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 08:40:31 »

I did that, but couldn't actually get what exactly to do now?
Do I have to make pictures of all the keys that are missing in the sets?
Also my RGB kit wasn't in the set arrived a few days ago. Shouldn't the ones with RGB get it late, but get it together?
Can anyone just summarize what's happening over there in the discussion over on the massdrop website, and what do we have to do now. Clearly.

thank you

You should email Massdrop about the issues with your set. They need to work with SP to get everyone affected replacements. The reason your RGB set didn't arrive with the rest of your order is because after more than a month of pressure to just ship what they have, they finally caved for orders still waiting on the RGB mods. My understanding is that for most people these are arriving about a week after the rest of the order was received. I would imaging that will vary some based on your location and your order number, so it could be more than that. I'm not sure if they send a second shipping notification - I got mine all in one shipment.

The trouble is that SP is saying that Massdrop didn't tell them about QC issues until January 7th, when they were reported to MD *long* before that. Why they would have waiting until the 7th is a mystery to me. Furthermore, SP is saying that MD has been non responsive in their attempts to resolve this issue. MD has also been very quiet with the customer base on how and when this is going to finally get resolved. Basically, everyone is stuck waiting for an update from MD.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #1390 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:25:12 »
I had to shorten (= sanded) one of the two stabilizer inserts so it would fit nicely into my 2.25u and 2.75u modifiers keycaps (green SHIFT + blue ENTER).

Am I the only one ?

« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:31:51 by Lpwl »

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #1391 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:08:16 »
I had to shorten (= sanded) one of the two stabilizer inserts so it would fit nicely into my 2.25u and 2.75u modifiers keycaps (green SHIFT + blue ENTER).

Am I the only one ?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I had the same issue with my space bar and some other modifier.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1392 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 16:56:53 »
it's a known "feature" of all 2.25u and 2.75u keys by Signature Plastic.

Offline canassa

« Reply #1393 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 22:34:35 »
Hi guys,

I am a idiot. My set just arrived from Massdrop and it's missing some keys. The thing is, I included the "Text Modifier Pro"  set but I did not include the "Text Modifier" set and now my Poker II is missing the Shift, Alt, Ctrl, Super, Fn, Etc.

Is there anyone willing to sell/trade me this set? Please PM me.

Thanks

Offline mlng

« Reply #1394 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 04:58:00 »
Hi guys,

I am a idiot. My set just arrived from Massdrop and it's missing some keys. The thing is, I included the "Text Modifier Pro"  set but I did not include the "Text Modifier" set and now my Poker II is missing the Shift, Alt, Ctrl, Super, Fn, Etc.

Thanks

Just a suggestion - if you can't find a seller for what you need, you might consider buying the DSA PBT blank "Modifier Set" (Gray - GDE) from the PMK keyshop.  They are blanks but at least you'll have keys of the same profile+colour.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1395 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 07:19:27 »
i have a lot of warped keys that is not too bad but still warped. I would like to know if you guys would just be ok with it or try to fix it yourselves or report back to MD? I havent done any detailed inspection but some of it even 1u caps are a bit warped. Ill try to check later and get some pics of how warped it is.

The keys that are long like enter, right shift or backspace are the most warped. I will try to put them in hot water and try to get them straight. I really do not like the way they look because the gap between enter and right shift looks wider as both keys are warped.

Offline ChumtheWaters

« Reply #1396 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 21:39:34 »
Hi guys,

Thanks

In the same boat as this guy -- Please contact me.
http://i.imgur.com/DdWFjsf.jpg
 :-[

I'll probably be buying the blank mods from PMK :(

Offline kle5635

« Reply #1397 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 04:17:43 »
Does anyone have an extra numpad set?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1398 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 17:06:25 »
Does someone has a Tab, and a 1.75u Shift key caps leftovers?

Offline the big aristotle

« Reply #1399 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 15:52:24 »
I am so in on this.