Author Topic: Filip 21/m/germany  (Read 938 times)

Offline fillsoko

Filip 21/m/germany
« on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 17:23:36 »
Hello everyone,

a friend of my exposed me to mechanical keyboards. I'm infected now.

I'd like to start designing key caps. Can anyone give me good advice on that. I've already downloaded templates from WASD and pimp my keyboard. I'm very proficient in photoshop, more than illustrator. I'd like to start with recreating the AMSTRAD CPC keyboard since this is very colorful in its original state.

Whats of greatest interest are fonts, is there a collection of fonts used anywhere?

Best,
Filip

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Filip 21/m/germany
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 05:44:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Designing keycaps - you mean making your own mods and sculpted designs, or just the legends printed on them?

Either way there are lots of people around here with the same interests :)

Have a look in the making stuff together area about making actual keycaps, and keyboard key caps for designing legends/pictures.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
Re: Filip 21/m/germany
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 05:57:42 »
Hi Filip! You like to design keycaps, ok, but how do you plan to produce them?

However, since you are German I propose that you design German legends! Almost all Groubuys of “Signature Plastics” (resp. their website pimpmykeyboard.com) ignore German legends. Und wenn du viele Interessenten möchtest (was bei deutschen Tastenbeschriftungen schwierig ist) würde ich vorschlagen, du verzichtest ganz auf Farben und machst was in Grautönen, weil Farben immer Geschmackssache sind, und dem einen gefällt die Farbe nicht, und dem anderen gefällt jene Farbe nicht, da kommt man schlecht auf einen gemeinsamen Nenner. Schön wäre auch eine Schriftart ohne Ecken und Kanten, matt3o hat ja kürzlich den “Granite Set”-Groupbuy gestartet und dabei eine abgerundete Schriftart verwendet, Gotham Rounded, um genau zu sein, hier ein Link dazu: http://keypuller.com/granite/. Das ist momentan die Referenz in Sachen Ästhetik.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:09:18 by Eszett »