Author Topic: Greetings Hi Rorgash greets you (so stolen)  (Read 881 times)

Offline Rorgash

Greetings Hi Rorgash greets you (so stolen)
« on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 13:11:50 »
Greetings, i thought i should at least start here before i ask the questions that brought me here :)

I go by Rorgash, im a PC gamer and i am a slightly income lacking noob hardware enthusiast, trying to learn with every upgrade i want to make, which brings me to why i am here, and while i really should make this topic in the other section and will if asked to, i thought it simpler for people to just read here :)

(Seeing as no one is checking the new member sub forum i will repost my story in the correct sub forum :)  )

I am in need of a new keyboard, currently i have a Coolermaster Quickfire TK blues and after some Pepsi some of the keys aren't really working well anymore :P, so i went looking for a new keyboard.

I went on this journey for a dream keyboard by first making a list of features as follows:

Small
Mechanical with blue or red Cherry switches
Has to have F1 to F12 buttons and if possible arrow keys but not important

After looking really  hard i found that none are sold in my country of Sweden, atleast none sold in the light of day that really fits me as none are smaller than the CM storm keyboards or the ducky mini but that one doesn't have the F keys and they all have arrow keys on the side making them bigger.

So i decided to head into the unknown, the dangerous the AMAZON!!!!! Here i started to find some stranger keyboards, and after running into some nice natives in Linus Tech Tips who directed me to a village at Mechanical Keyboards.com i found one that interests me a LOT, The Mysterious Vortex KBT Race 2, now i know that this "thing" doesn't exist back home and it even seems that it doesn't exist in the Amazon(uk).

After wandering around and finding more information about the Race 2 i ran across a strange man from Linus Tech Tips that directed me here to your dark and ominous gathering, and now here i am sitting by your campfire asking the very important questions of life.

Is the Vortex KBT Race 2 good?
Is there something better with these features?
Does anyone know where i can buy it?
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 13:29:53 by Rorgash »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Greetings Hi Rorgash greets you (so stolen)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 05:37:28 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Not everyone checks this area regularly.  I try to, but work has been kinda busy lately, and with some family illnesses I have been busy at home too.

Looks like you have had some responses in your other thread!

And there are a few Swedish GH members - the more the merrier :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ