Author Topic: [ebay UK] Wyse PS/2 Keyboard. KB-3926  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Rajagra

[ebay UK] Wyse PS/2 Keyboard. KB-3926
« on: Wed, 10 June 2009, 13:04:58 »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230347670741
Brand new. 104 standard keys - UK layout. £2.95 each, £3.99 postage (£2.00 post for additional ones)

Am I right in saying these are decent keyboards with black Cherry MX switches and work on PCs?

If so, these are a steal right?

Seller has 4 more listed at £1 more (assuming he hasn't relisted the same ones.)

EDIT> For the record these were just membrane/sheet of rubber dome keyboards.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 June 2009, 11:42:11 by Rajagra »

Offline lam47

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 June 2009, 17:43:22 »
These are rubber dome I believe.
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline lam47

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 June 2009, 17:53:20 »
Hey mate :) Thankyou. I am back for now but will have to go back to the stupid hospital soon :(
I have been lurking now and then but missed you all far too much.
x
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Offline zwmalone

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 June 2009, 17:59:06 »
Yes, those are rubber dome boards.  The ones with black cherrys have a body that looks like this:
Can't get enough of them ALPS

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 07:47:19 »
Quote from: ripster;95303
Well, I never was a fan of English food (except pasties, Cornish pasty you perverts, and fish&chips).

Somehow the combo of Hospital English food sounds even less appetizing. Keep posting!! We'll try and cheer you up with our antics.

When I lived in UK in the mid-80s, my mom had to go to a UK hospital to get experimental treatment for a degenerative spinal condition she has.  They had given her some ice cream, but she wasn't hungry at the time, so she didn't eat it.  At the time, the UK was still under milk rations from WWII, so ice cream was generally made from powdered milk.  When my mom woke up about 3 hours later, the ice cream still hadn't melted.

Offline lam47

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 08:19:18 »
Lol. Yeah hospital food is still rough as hell.
I like fish and chips and living by the seaside as I do it is a very common meal.
Still I would rather go for pizza any day. Black olives and anchovies!
Or sushi. I love sushi.
Unfortunately because of my current condition I am not eating at all. I will loose some weight I guess but its not a lot of fun. Plain spaghetti and milk are about the only things that dont have me in excruciating pain :(

@ Pasties I think are horrible. The origins are weird where they used to have meat at one end and sweet food at the other. The pastry was just a carrier!
When I went to Cornwall all the shops had furry pasties in the windows with eyes and legs. It was terrifying.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 11:17:44 »
miss you lammy!!!  did you take your 87U to keep you company in the hospital?  :)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 11:19:46 »
Quote from: wellington1869;95442
miss you lammy!!! did you take your 87U to keep you company in the hospital? :)

He's got it in bed with him like a teddy bear.

Get well soon, Lam.

Offline lam47

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 11:33:59 »
Quote from: itlnstln;95447
He's got it in bed with him like a teddy bear.

Get well soon, Lam.

Thanks guys :)
Don't tell anyone but I did have a model M mini on my lap in bed yesterday.
No Pc just the board. A strange kind of comfort but B was out with Ella.
Seriously thanks. I am in so much pain at the moment and this has been going on far too long.
Fingers crossed things get better from here on.
x