Author Topic: Looking for my first gaming mouse  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Danny89

Looking for my first gaming mouse
« on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 18:27:53 »
Hi everyone.
After some time playing i finally find my cheap mouse (logitech m175) to be more and more inadequate as time passe and my skill increases.
After loking around in the internet i found out that i mainly have fingertip grip and am highsenser, right hand, 19 cm from base of the hand to the tip of the middle finger.
I search for a mouse with an as precise as possible sensor, not too heavy, i have no interest in many buttons as i don't have much use for them, and to finish i have high perspiration of the hands, so i need a mouse that doesn't slip easily.
I read the mouse guide 2.0, but i have no way to test how the new mouse would feel in my hand, and to be honest i am a bit overwhelmed from the amount od information available and the number of mice in the market, so i hoped to narrow the field by asking an opinion from more experienced users.
From my perspective the logitech g 402 at 52€ on amazon seemed interesting from what i could read around, but as i said i have no experience, i would like to be around that price category.
Finally i think i would prefer a rigid pad without fancy and eyecatching design, it doesn't even need to be big as i don't move too much, what is a good pad for a good price?

I'm not a native english speaker, therefore i'm sorry if i'm not clear enough.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 September 2014, 18:31:11 by Danny89 »

Offline munch

• !
Re: Looking for my first gaming mouse
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 20:24:35 »
fingertip for the G402 might be a bit bad, it's also considered quite heavy.
perhaps a Roccat Kone Pure Military? sensor is top notch, good build quality, and IMO works really well for fingertip grip (I have slightly larger hands than you and I use fingertip on it too).
quite light too. might be a bit much though :( I just realized... hmm.
the Avior 7000 is also nice for fingertip grip, but also a bit more expensive at 70 euros or so.

Zowie FK1 might be more in the right price range, and really nice for fingertip too - grip seems really good on it too, but I don't like the really hard to press button switches.

Offline Danny89

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 02:34:39 »
I read of someone saying thay could fingertip the g402 pretty well, but if you say it's considered heavy i'll have to reconsider.
Thank you, i'll look into them and judge what could be better, maybe i'll try to squeeze a little extra budget if necessary.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 September 2014, 02:47:12 by Danny89 »

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 16:55:58 »
Basically what munch said.

CM storm alcor plus
CM storm spawn
Avior 7000
Roccat kone pure

Robotech's can be finger tipped grip but they are on the heavy side.

Offline ajx

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:19:25 »
I read of someone saying thay could fingertip the g402 pretty well, but if you say it's considered heavy i'll have to reconsider.
Thank you, i'll look into them and judge what could be better, maybe i'll try to squeeze a little extra budget if necessary.
I have bought Mamba for testing, 130 eur/usd
Worst mouse ever, i think an half of price goes on packaging, the other for Razer marketing  ;D
70 bucks for a damn good mouse its worth it and definitely not expensive imo  :p
Good products deserve their price  :thumb:

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:21:02 »
Isn't that a PTE sensor

Offline ajx

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:39:38 »
its ergonomic even sucks more than its sensor itself
Its too curved
Those left side buttons were not very practical
Synapse, what i can i say more about this bull****
I have hard pad which can minimize a bit the positive/negative accel but you could notice a bit the accel
Wireless (crap for gaming because of interference and short battery life) + driver software + weak ergonomic + high priced = crap mouse

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 06:19:12 »
Isn't that a PTE sensor

The old ones were, I think the new ones just use a laser sensor with an optical sensor for pad calibration or something like that.

its ergonomic even sucks more than its sensor itself
Just want to point out that ergonomic is highly subjective, the Mamba is the same shape as the DA, which in turn is very close to the IME 3.0, so the shape is one of the most popular shapes on the market today and one of my personal favourites as well. Although if someone wants that shape they might as well buy a CMStorm Alcor or a DA instead of bothering with the Mamba.

Edit: also, if you strongly dislike the shape of the Mamba then I'm not sure the G402 will be up your alley either.

Offline ajx

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 15:40:54 »
it was personal opinion about Mamba's shape

Offline scorpionred_sky

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 12:41:55 »
I think the new ones just use a laser sensor mouse

Offline RED-404

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 12:50:49 »
This isn't complete, nor perfect, but check this out Mice using flawless sensor by H1ghlande
You will probably find the size chart interesting.