Author Topic: [WTS] Candy Corn Skull Topre (Winner Posted)  (Read 11851 times)

Offline flourrr

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: [WTS] Candy Corn Skull Topre (Details Inside)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:18:16 »
Well, I don't have a Topre board right here right now, and I'm Clackless too, but I just bought one, so I guess that's counted? If not, just ignore me.  :)
After spending a long time researching, watching videos of the HHKB, I felt that I had to put my hands on that sexy board. So here I am, sitting in my room waiting for it to arrive and stumble across this thread. Well, I don't expect to win this keycap (I'm a pessimistic person), but what the hell.  :)
Also, big up to you for doing this for the community, thanks demik!  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:27:07 by flourrr »
0/28.

Offline jordansimone18

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:23:45 »
cheese

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 19:23:54 »
Well I am in line for a flight and tapatalk just killed my reply, so here is the short version.

Love what you are doing here. Gj.

I have two rescue dogs. Rescues are awesome.  I travel to volunteer at shelters when I can.

I am clackless and own a Topre.

I hope this sends this time since I am on the plane to Budapest right now.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 19:29:02 »
Just a heads up, will stop taking sign ups tomorrow at midnight PST .

I appreciate everybody's kind words and the people that have donated or volunteered their time at shelters.

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
                                                                                  - Gandhi

@Lurch, sorry to hear that man :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 November 2014, 19:32:28 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 23:56:41 »
Well, here goes.

I joined here about a year and a half ago when I was looking for my first mechanical keyboard. Ended up buying a Filco, and I just kinda stuck around, lurking mostly. I couldn't believe there were so many people so enthusiastic about something so overlooked by most people. Anyway, about maybe 8 months ago I decided I wanted a couple artisan caps to spice up my boards. How hard could it be to send an email at the right time? I quickly learned it wasn't that simple. So here I am, clackless and broless, having failed maybe 6 sales. I can't really say I deserve to win this any more than anyone else here - just another GHer with bad luck.

Since we're talking about dogs here's a picture of mine. Her names Cecilia, not sure what more to say :p. She's a chocolate lab, about one and half years old. I apologize for the quality, I don't have a very good camera like everyone else it seems.

And here's a picture of the board that may one day house a clack of its own - a HHKB bought from ComradeSniper here on GH. I also have a black Realforce, but I like the look of CandyCorn on white better than on black. Once again, I apologize for the quality. I didn't bother with a time stamp because it's late and I should get to sleep.

Thanks a lot for doing this. I think I speak for everyone by saying that it's very generous of you and it's nice to see this trend of people trying to help other GHers get their first artisan cap. Best of luck to everyone.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 01:11:00 »
Well, I'm very new here.

That is to say everyone looks like they've trained in secluded waterfall caves for a thousand years with freezing water beating their backs :p.
In my very first CC drawing, I admit I was so scared to put down $40 even for a drawing.
After some time looking at members' keyboards, I realized more and more what artisan caps meant -

They're a kind of appreciate gem of the keyboard world and a way to commemorate the amazing workmanship that this community possesses.
Even having one is a mascot of your board and it's kind of a scout's badge for time spent together.
With this new perspective, I will continue to try my luck at these specials caps and hopefully one day I can find one as well!

Thanks for the kind gesture and for looking into a newbie's thoughts.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 01:13:45 »
Don't got a Topre, but chiming in either way.

My man Demik, hope you pick a good winner :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 03:59:49 »
will submit what i typed out later :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 November 2014, 14:44:32 by carinaguts »
hi

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 04:26:27 »
oops nvm will edit this later

Don't wait too long - competition nearly closed :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 12:32:59 »
Y U NO MX?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 13:12:18 »
I typed something up last night, but apparently didn't submit it. My brain is a bit of a mess from prepping for this ridiculous move of mine.

Regardless, props to you Demik. I have a soft spot in my heart for dogs and certainly will rally behind anyone who feels the same. I've spent many months of paychecks on my guy because he has some serious health issues and would do it again and again to have more time with him. Thankfully he seems to be mostly stable right now after our last episode last year.

Lurch, I feel for you, having lost your pal. It's rough. I've had close calls with my guy (including a really bad scare a few years ago where I spent three days up with him through a gnarly pancreatitis episode - worst week of my life) and can't imagine your situation. You have my sympathies. Once I relocate, I plan to get involved with GiNA (http://www.meetgina.ca/) and do anything I can for them. I have a soft spot for sighthounds, especially.

Again, Demik, many props.

Offline Michaela

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 13:40:23 »
I would like to enter.

I am out of CTRL!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:10:49 »
Hadn't seen this thread until now, but I'm really glad to see some of these caps changing hands for their retail prices. There seems to have been a significant influx of new members in the community recently so it's nice to see some good examples of the community which drew me to this hobby, especially around items which have a reputation to be looked at only for their potential monetary value.

Personally, as someone who has been hoping for his first Clack for some time now, I'm interested in acquiring a Clack for the craftsmanship and the artistic quality that they stand for. I'm a firm believer in fair trades and resisting the urge to inflate prices (I've traded and purchased a small number of artisan caps, all for either retail cost or trades equivalent in retail value). I didn't get into this hobby to make money. I also have a Topre with space for a good looking, colorful, artisan cap :p

Regardless, glad to see this one will be going to a good home, likely accompanied by donations to a well-considered charity. Lots of respect, demik.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:19:45 »
Hi Demik!

First off, my name is Carina and although I am a new member at geekhack, I am not new to geekhack at all. I was really excited to find out you were doing this sale! I also saw that nubbitors was doing the same thing, but I don’t have a buckling spring. I was so happy at the fact that you are going to give the winner the choice to donate to hopeforpaws.org! I think it’s a great idea. I’ve grown up around animals my whole life. My 3 dogs were rescues that where abandoned at my local pet hospital. If I could, I would take every animal on that site. Since I can’t physically do that, I believe donating is the next great step to helping them. I also have a pet duck named Rigby! Many people usually find it unusual to have a duck as a pet, but in my past experience, I had grown up with many animals from geese, to chickens, rabbits, and quails. Here is a picture of my duck Rigby and my three dogs I currently live with now. (will upload soon  :-[ )

Well, I’ve been a lurker on geekhack and /r/mech. I got into mechanical keyboards around early this year. Ever since then, I’ve loved my first keyboard, the Poker II. The people who introduced me into mechanical keyboards were my friends who I played csgo with me. I was really skeptical at first about keyboards, thinking it was really dumb and stupid to spend a lot of money on. I can happily say that there is no doubt that I have no regrets on doing so.  I had recently bought an hhkb, it being more than my Poker, I can honestly say that I have no regrets doing so either.

I honestly think that geekhack is a great place for creators who have a passion as keycap designers, or keyboard designers and makers. It’s great to be surrounded by people who share the same interests as you do, along with this forum being a great place for people to obtain nice keyboard parts that are out of reach for the user, via group guys. I have personally not joined, but it’s really nice to see people working hard to give other users awesome things. Some items I did purchase were keycaps. I had got the granite from pmk and hyper fused from a user on reddit. I had recently also gotten into artisan caps, and I was amazed to find so many amazing ones. I fell in love with the owl from Binge, dolly from nubs, the mummy from Kbk, julysicle from Cf, ribbit! From Brocaps, and of course, your candy corn clack! The only artisan cap I was able to get was a honeycomb color gasmask. I’m really sad to find out that there has been so many sales I’ve missed out on since I did not have an account at the time, and only finding out about them last minute.

I am aware of all the many other people who are interested in having your clack, but it would be great if I were selected for your giveaway. Regardless, I would love to donate for hopeforpaws.org since this is for such a great cause. I understand these keycaps such as clacks take a lot of time, and hard work. Keycaps sold by other users are very expensive, and I would by them all if I had the money for it. At times, it is hard to justify the price, and I try my luck to win keycaps from different sales when I can. Although I have not won any so far, I have decided to go on an adventure to make my own keycaps. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65519.0 I think it’s really amazing what members here are making, and I would love to see users using something I make on their keyboards. I am still working on them at the moment, but hopefully they will be finished soon.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 November 2014, 04:13:53 by carinaguts »
hi

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 13:44:34 »
currently at work. will put names through randomizer when i get home tonight

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 13:53:36 »
Good luck everyone, what a generous giveaway, Demik! Any leftover money I have from Christmas this year will definitely be going to hope for paws, they are truly doing wonderful work.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 17:11:16 »
well, there was no way i was going to be able to single any of you guys out.

i may be an ******* sometimes (or all the time) but i can't bring myself to not include everybody.

well, almost everybody.

i picked people that showed they didn't have any clacks at all, and proved they owned a topre keyboard (rf, hhkb, or fc660). i hope the rest of you guys will understand, seeing as i mentioned it in the OP.

it was a total of 22 people, of those 22, the top 7 for the final drawing are:

shawn24
pesky brat
carinaguts
swill
flourrr
slip84
jackalope

AGAIN, this is NOT the winning list. I will re-run those top 7 and get the winner as soon as I get back home.

once again, I'd like to thank everybody that participated. you've all been awesome. i very much appreciate the people that have donated and are thinking about donating. even if it's not hope for paws, and instead your local no kill shelter. or for smelly cats :P

will update the OP with the winner in a couple hours.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 November 2014, 17:22:05 by demik »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 22:12:31 »
bump, winner posted

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [WTS] Candy Corn Skull Topre (Winner Posted)
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 22:16:25 »
Assuming that number 1 is the winner - congratulations carinaguts!

And thank you demik for this uncharacteristically generous sale ;)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 22:18:21 »
congrats to carinaguts!! Welcome to the Clack club

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 23:02:23 »
Congrats carinaguts, enjoy your first clack  ;D.

And once again, thanks demik for this opportunity. It's nice to see you and nubs being so generous and helping the clackless.

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 00:17:36 »
Congratulations on your first clack Carinaguts, and thank you Demik for a chance at a clack, I must applaud you on your charitable venture. Still going to make a donation even though i didn't win.
eh o well

Offline Michaela

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 00:20:58 »
Congrats!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 00:32:23 »
Congrats on the clack carinaguts, and thanks Demik for the awesome opportunity!  :thumb:

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 00:52:17 »
His duck is so cute and it really seems like he deserves it! Congrats!

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 02:29:33 »
I just wanted to say thank you so much for the opportunity for me to have my very first clack! Let alone the candy corn one! I am so happy and grateful that I had been selected. I will eagerly wait to receive it, and use it as soon as I can. Again, what you are doing by providing the option of donating for hopeforpaws is a wonderful idea, and I have donated.
Thank You again
hi

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 02:29:54 »
Her duck is so cute and it really seems like she deserves it! Congrats!

FTFY :))
hi

Offline shawn24

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 06:46:08 »
congrats carin and well done demik

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 10:12:51 »
Congrats carinaguts and big up demik once again. :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 11:05:39 »
money has been donated. proof has been sent. just waiting on the winner to confirm address and i will be shipping it out.

thanks again everybody.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 23:11:07 »
Congratulations mate. I hope you enjoy your first clack ever.

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 17:10:56 »
Hi I got my keycap last Saturday but I was busy

Thank you demik I love it  :D

sorry bad photo I cropped
hi

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 06:56:19 »
Glad it arrived safely. Going to lock this up now.