Author Topic: USB keyboard with NKRO tech without driver  (Read 3169 times)

Offline skyian

USB keyboard with NKRO tech without driver
« on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 23:35:28 »
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=6282
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=5572&highlight=USB

I just read these two threads and I find out there's a little thing I could share with you guys. ^_^

Though this tech is not using on any keyboard which is selling now, it's just a sample. However, I-rocks also release the information that this tech is not very expensive. Once there's any brand like "Filco " or "Das keyboard" is willing to use this tech on their keyboards, we could use keyboards with this tech immediately. ^_^

http://www.iqmore.idv.tw/archives/647

Above is my friend's link. Sorry for it's a traditional Chinese version.
From this link you may know what I am describing.

I tried this keyboard 2 months ago on a meeting in Taipei. Iqmore bring that keyboard to me. It's a sample made by i-rcoks.

I just want to say.  Despite some guys are still using MS versions which is prior to XP, and some guys are using KVM which I thought there might be some problem with this new tech, I deeply believe this is the new era for USB keyboards.

When you can directly plug in a USB keyboard with NKRO function. For most of the end users, it's the perfect solution.

Hoops... it has been years for me to write in English. Please forgive my poor English Writing... = ="

--------------------Little introduction about me--------------------

I am a keyboards fan who lives in Taipei. Owing to know many keyboard brands' representatives here, I have chances to try lots of keyboards. ^_^

I have these following keyboards of my own.

Filco keyboards with brown and black switches.
Cherry keyboards with white, brown, blue, black, and RED switches.
Cherry MX5000
Realforce RF87black, RF87white, RF101, RF103 black, RF103white
DECK
HHKB PRO2
..............etc

I have my own forum too, though is in Chinese (sigh)
http://skyian.mine.nu/discuz/index.php
Glad to be here again. ^_^
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2009, 23:03:30 by skyian »
My Own Keyboards:
RF 103 SILENT 30g, RF RGB, RF103black, RF103white, RF87UB, RF87WB, RF101, HHKB PRO2, Cherry with white, blue, brown, black, RED swithces...etc

WAITING FOR THE Ultimate Bluetooth converter for any keyboard.  Also the Beautiful GMK CAMPING Keycap.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 23:42:28 »
Couldn't the 6-key limit be bypassed by assuming:

1)  Only certain keys are "hold down" keys (shift, control, alt, Windows, possibly a few more)

2)  If you strike a non-hold-down key, it's implemented internally as tapping and immediately releasing the key.  Repeat is handled on the keyboard, not the PC.

3)  The tap-and-release keys are queued, if necessary, in the remaining slots of the USB packet.

You might refine it a bit (maybe WASD are "hold down" keys, but if you hold WS or AD together, it discards one)
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline skyian

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 June 2009, 02:25:26 »
Sorry I have no idea how did i-rocks do to make a USB keyboard with NKRO fuction.
I don't know much about inside programming of keyboard...(sigh)
However it just woked that way...v( ̄︶ ̄)y

Actually this tech is created by two companies. But as the other company told me to keep it confidential.....(LOL) so I could only say it's a i-rocks  made keyboard... ^_^
My Own Keyboards:
RF 103 SILENT 30g, RF RGB, RF103black, RF103white, RF87UB, RF87WB, RF101, HHKB PRO2, Cherry with white, blue, brown, black, RED swithces...etc

WAITING FOR THE Ultimate Bluetooth converter for any keyboard.  Also the Beautiful GMK CAMPING Keycap.

Offline IBI

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 June 2009, 11:54:56 »
Quote from: skyian;98023
Sorry I have no idea how did i-rocks do to make a USB keyboard with NKRO fuction.

Keyboard manufacturers often don't bother to implement 6/7-key rollover though, so unless this new technology is easier and cheaper to implement I don't think it'll have much effect.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.