Author Topic: Fed up with clears  (Read 8756 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: Fed up with clears
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 23:52:08 »
I used to love greens, then I learned how to really touch type, now greens feel to heavy since I'm not typing only with my index and middle finger from straight above :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 23:55:58 »
Topre.

Offline anowt

• "I want you to buckle my spring" ♪♪~
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 14:22:57 »
That's sound like a lot of work. No wonder he likes jailhouse blues. Sometimes, after all the effort and work poured onto something, the affection towards the work grows.

That's kind of what it sounds like to me. It's like he's justifying all that work into hating clears and gravitating towards the jailhouse blues.

I'm sure changing tastes is normal over time, though.

I wasn't gonna go there, but okay.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 October 2014, 14:32:48 by anowt »
Front Line: IBM Model M SSK
Tactical Team: QFR TKL (MX Blue)
Recon: KUL ES-87 (MX Red)
Special Operations: RF 87U 55g

Offline anowt

• "I want you to buckle my spring" ♪♪~
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 14:32:13 »
I don't know what has come over me, but I have gotten very fed up with Cherry MX clears. They were my favorite switch for a while and I either bought or modded many keyboards to clears. And now? i just don't like them anymore.

They're simply nothing compared to jailhouse blues, in my opinion. Even though the jailhouse blues I make are not perfectly consistent and have to be reworked. But now that I have one keyboard with jailhouse blues on them I really miss it whenever I type on another keyboard.

I am thinking of desoldering various keyboards and selling the clears from them, then putting my jailhouse blues in them.

Would you guys share your experiences here? I have never gotten so tired of a switch type before. I don't want to end up selling lots of clear stems and switches, only to regret later and look for them again. Yet, seriously, that big tactile bump and noise from the clears is really coming across as uncivilized to someone who has very good feeling jailhouse blues.

I'd just use a different keyboard for a while.  I love my Jailhouse Blues on the LZ-GH, but coming back to them from Clears is always strange initially.  Stock-spring Clears are still my favorite switch, if I HAD to just use one type.  I've considered replacing my JBs with 62g Blacks more than once (originally that board had 62g Blacks), but they grow on me again every time I use them.  I don't think there's a "best switch" out there personally--it's a matter of subjective preference at any given time, and there's nothing wrong with having all your keyboards use a different switch configuration for some variety.

This.
Front Line: IBM Model M SSK
Tactical Team: QFR TKL (MX Blue)
Recon: KUL ES-87 (MX Red)
Special Operations: RF 87U 55g

Offline dante

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 08:30:19 »
JOIN THE ALPS MASTER RACE!
Yeah, eugenics isn't funny.  Why do people keep saying this?
I think the “master race” thing comes from the Reddit community http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/, and more generally from the 15–25-year-old-male-video-game-player culture; in other words, immature children. I wouldn’t worry about it, but I agree it would be nice if folks would keep such stuff away from geekhack.

So sorry I hurt your feelings.

Offline mikew0w

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 09:34:54 »
Thanks tbc, is it home made DIY or it's something produce by Cherry?
I didn't know what they were too.
I found this 'guide': http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38091.0

Offline AverageHybrid

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 09:58:27 »
I have the same experience as I got my Blues a few months ago and love the click and the tactile response and recently I'm fed up and annoyed with the tactility and the sound they make and I made a switch to the reds. They feel nice and smooth and just right for my fingers right now. Planning to get a brown just for rotation of switches or not a clear if it is available.