Author Topic: Compatible keycaps with KBT Pure  (Read 2899 times)

Offline ajx

Compatible keycaps with KBT Pure
« on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 17:08:57 »
Hi, i want to know how many options i have when it comes to get keycaps for a Pure!

- I dont want to participate at any group buy

- ABS/PBT/POM, it doesnt really mater, all i need its getting the whole set compatible if possible

- No blank ones, i need legends, could be on the side as Filco Ninja, only in black color, no icon, only legends, some keys could be blanck as long it excludes letters (shift, tab, ctrl, etc...)

thanks

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Compatible keycaps with KBT Pure
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 19:47:45 »
pure or pure pro?

important difference
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ajx

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 22:11:05 »
Pure, not Pure Pro

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 22:38:08 »
You can always do a standard kit and pick up an RGB set that includes the 1.75 rt shift and just use the up arrow for the ~ key.  The only other real option would be to search the classifieds for a past GB that includes the Tsangan kit.  Oh, and the now shipping Tai Hao GB had an optional add-on kit that included the 1.75 rt shift as well.  Probably going to be a bunch of those floating around the classifieds in a month or so. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 03:51:28 »
Any set with a complete Tsangan kit should do. Most of these will be from past or current group buys. You could also mix and match Cherry sets to get the 1.75x right shift. Cherry G80 or G81 -1800 boards and G80-11800 have 1.75x right shift.

Easiest would be to buy a used set from a previous GB in the classifieds or order a set from a PMK group buy. There are still 10 hours left to order PuLSE SA set. If you get a base kit and Tsangan kit you've got all you need to fill a Pure for a great price ($75 for thick doubleshot countoured SA profile caps in a nice colour scheme). The left shift will still be Row3 but there'll be a mini buy later to get the proper Row4 shifts.

In short, you have LOTS of options if you include GB's. If you don't there are less options, but it's still possible. You just need a matching 1.75x right shift and bottom row 1x.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline ajx

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 02:01:06 »
And if i wanted backlit keycaps, what kind of options may i have?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 08:22:36 »
And if i wanted backlit keycaps, what kind of options may i have?

MUAHAHAHAHA! oops, sorry, that just sort of slipped out.

The stock keycaps that came with the board...

Closest you'll get to backlit that fits the board is the Cherry Legend Replica set (http://keypuller.com/cherry-replica/) or backlit keycaps on the alphas from any backlit set and modifiers from a set with matching profile that has a 1.75x shift. I only know of DCS, SA and Cherry profile sets with 1.75x shift keys and all the backlit sets I've seen are OEM profile, so it's not going to be easy. You could also keep the stock right shift and 1x keycaps on and replace the rest with a backlit set, but the mismatch between the legends would probably irritate me.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 15:10:11 »
I think a viable and cheap option would still be the KeyCool 84 set if you can find it. There should still be some floating around on taobao. The 84 set, be it PBT or Pom, has a 1.75x Shift key. You would have to buy 2 sets of the 84 or 1x 84 set and 1x 87 set because a single 84 set only has 3 1.25x mods.

A bit off topic, but I think an interesting chance at a backlit set would be if there was a group buy using GMK and using transparent legends since they have the R4 1.75x mold. While I've read the legends won't look as great lit up, it'd be a nice alternative to have a Cherry profile set with transparent legends.

Offline ajx

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 18:21:10 »
i eventually keep staying on non backlit keycaps
I found some G81 keycaps (37)
http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/specialty-custom-keys/cherry-g81-3000-keycaps-original-laser-etched-keys

others keys might be blank, it wont bother me
Doubleshot ABS (104 keys)
http://www.geekkeys.com/black-doubleshot-abs-keyset/

I can buy rshift 1.75x row 1x apart from WASD

What do you think guys?
Good matching?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 18:26:44 »
i eventually keep staying on non backlit keycaps
I found some G81 keycaps (37)
http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/specialty-custom-keys/cherry-g81-3000-keycaps-original-laser-etched-keys

others keys might be blank, it wont bother me
Doubleshot ABS (104 keys)
http://www.geekkeys.com/black-doubleshot-abs-keyset/

I can buy rshift 1.75x row 1x apart from WASD

What do you think guys?
Good matching?

The G81 keys are going to be a lower profile than your stock keys or keys from WASD.  The TaiHao keys from geekkeys will match the 2 from WASD much better.  I would get them blank as the laser printing will be a different color than the double shots. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline ajx

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 15:09:56 »
Any site to get keycap by unit? WASD is pretty expensive for few units
To begin i would only change few keys