Author Topic: Problems with the ErgoDox Firmware  (Read 1120 times)

Offline miko

Problems with the ErgoDox Firmware
« on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 10:59:34 »
Hi,

I have Problems with the ErgoDox firmware. While it is very flexible and I need that one function call per key for something I envision later, so far the experience, and especially the documentation where frustrating me. I didn't achieve more than swapping a few keys.

To refer to the Keys, I use this chart:
79432-0

:blank: How do I add a Key that activates a layer? What I did so far:
 - The symbold in  _kb_layout seems irrelevant, but replace it with something meaninfull to keep track.
 - Add a pointer to _kbfun_layer_push_N in _kb_layout_press.
 - Add a pointer to _kbfun_layer_pop_N in _kb_layout_release.
I want Key K02 in the diagramm to enter Layer 1, and leave it if i release the key. So far I only toggles it.

:blank:  Also kbfun_transparent seems to get in my way. I do not see why one would want such a function, but fine, I replaced it with kbfun_press_release. Yet, some strange things happen I susspect to be related with that.

:blank:  K0A and K39 on layer 1 are mapped to backspace. However, only K39 actually produces a whitespace. K0A produces Spaces, as on layer 0. I can't figure out why.

:blank:  On Layer 1 The left half is a flipped version of the right half. That works for most keys just fine. However key k42, that should produce a "o", does produce a "shiftL + o" and so a captial "o", and I don't know why.

:blank:  keys K20 and KD2 do behave like shift keys, and this is intended behaviour. However that does not make sense to me, as they are mapped to kbfun_2_keys_capslock_press_release rather than to kbfun_shift_press_release. I'd like to map key K2D on layer 2 to shift lock, how do I do this?

Here is my C-Source code: http://pastebin.ca/2858123
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 October 2014, 11:22:44 by miko »

Offline miko

Re: Problems with the ErgoDox Firmware
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 11:11:17 »
Oh, dammed I received Gateway timeouts, Seems I tried too often. Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 October 2014, 11:20:47 by miko »

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Problems with the ErgoDox Firmware
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 11:25:54 »
Oh, dammed I received Gateway timeouts, Seems I tried too often. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don't worry about it.  It's a known issue.

Anyway, it's all sorted out now. :thumb: