Author Topic: WORDPRESS QUESTIONS  (Read 904 times)

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
WORDPRESS QUESTIONS
« on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 22:11:13 »
Anybody familiar with Wordpress?
I'm making a couple websites for my new business, and am looking at theme templates. Are there any that really stand out to you that have a dark background and are very clean looking?

If anyone has suggestions, I'd like to see them!
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: WORDPRESS QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 22:16:03 »
I just use Wix. Gave up on Wordpress because their UI was ****.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 22:31:32 »
yeeeeaaaaaa.....

I have Wordpress, it's what I got with GoDaddy.....

Wordpress, not Wix, Wordpress.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:21:03 »
I would recommend using a theme that is mobile compatible in this day and age...

Maybe checkout: http://320press.com/wpbs/

And then pick a theme from Bootwatch (http://bootswatch.com/).  I think Slate is probably a pretty good option for what you are looking for...

As a side note.  Just because GoDaddy offers you Wordpress does not mean you have to use it.  I am not dissing Wordpress, it has its place, but it also can get pretty annoying after you work with it for a while.  I have developed sites on most major frameworks out there and some of the 'build your site in a webpage' options are pretty good now days.  Consider checking out Wix or Weebly.  You can always just point your GoDaddy domain name to their services after your site is built.  You do not HAVE to use GoDaddy for hosting, you can just use them as a registrar.

If you have questions, you can fire me off a PM.  I will probably be a bit slow responding because life is insane right now, but if you have questions I can probably get you pointed in the right direction pretty quickly...

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:43:28 »
I would recommend using a theme that is mobile compatible in this day and age...

Maybe checkout: http://320press.com/wpbs/

And then pick a theme from Bootwatch (http://bootswatch.com/).  I think Slate is probably a pretty good option for what you are looking for...

As a side note.  Just because GoDaddy offers you Wordpress does not mean you have to use it.  I am not dissing Wordpress, it has its place, but it also can get pretty annoying after you work with it for a while.  I have developed sites on most major frameworks out there and some of the 'build your site in a webpage' options are pretty good now days.  Consider checking out Wix or Weebly.  You can always just point your GoDaddy domain name to their services after your site is built.  You do not HAVE to use GoDaddy for hosting, you can just use them as a registrar.

If you have questions, you can fire me off a PM.  I will probably be a bit slow responding because life is insane right now, but if you have questions I can probably get you pointed in the right direction pretty quickly...

Thanks for that.
I have several domains with GD and just upgraded the cPanel hosting from economy to deluxe. I had a very good pricing option for several years I was able to keep/capitalize on....so you know how THAT goes....

I know I can have a site built and load it onto GD servers as well, but today I have a temp site, which I'd like to improve substantially, and after the holidays I'll hopefully be ready to commission a killer site.