Author Topic: Triple-Shots and "CODE" key for Topre / HHKB  (Read 2257 times)

Offline TacticalCoder

Triple-Shots and "CODE" key for Topre / HHKB
« on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:12:25 »
These nice triple-shots keys come from a Brother typewriter found at a flea market  :thumb:

Sadly although they more or less "fit" as is on an HHKB, they're not really a good fit. They don't line up nicely, most row profiles are wrong, the larger key simply don't fit in, etc.

One of the row kinda fits but... I had to put the keycap upside down (it's a 'Z' so it's not obvious on the picture, but that key is upside down).

Too bad because the "feel" of these keycaps is really amazing and triple-shots are always sweet...

Oh well, at least now I've got a nice "CODE" key which I did put on my Topre "switch tester"  :)

So if I was you I wouldn't even bother with the keys from the Brother AX-20 / AX-26: contrarily to what has been written here they don't really fit Topre boards  :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 October 2017, 18:03:39 by TacticalCoder »
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)