Author Topic: [IC] GMK Olivetti - R.I.P(canceled)  (Read 53931 times)

Offline intelli78

Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti, please fill out the Interest Form (waiting for color ring)
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 14:22:44 »
Hope this isn't taken as me derailing this IC in any way, but right now you can get PBT Olivetti for $80: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66550.0
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline shawn24

Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti, please fill out the Interest Form (waiting for color ring)
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 20:19:43 »
FYI, someone in China has ordered 250 sets of GMK Olivetti and will be able to sell them by the end of Jan, 2015.

What is this post supposed to tell us?!
Prepare enough money for it.

Oh ok, I thought crossing out the post meant that the information turned out to be wrong.

I wonder how much this chinese guy will charge for a set. If the markup isn't too bad, he chose text + icon legends and has all the necessary keys I am definitely interested.
no less than $180, prob $200+ on GH if he's allowed to sell
anyway I'm in if this post turns to GB

Offline renne

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 23:57:17 »
FYI, someone in China has ordered 250 sets of GMK Olivetti and will be able to sell them by the end of Jan, 2015.

What is this post supposed to tell us?!
Prepare enough money for it.

Oh ok, I thought crossing out the post meant that the information turned out to be wrong.

I wonder how much this chinese guy will charge for a set. If the markup isn't too bad, he chose text + icon legends and has all the necessary keys I am definitely interested.
no less than $180, prob $200+ on GH if he's allowed to sell
anyway I'm in if this post turns to GB
around $185 for a set with a display case and a resin cap. that's what ive heard.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 02:47:31 »
I heard from my friend. Exactly is 1150 ¥

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 11:36:02 »

That's not including shipping though right?

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:25:00 »

Yeah right.

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 03:43:56 »

Yeah right.
You guys are correct! New GMK olivetee will arrive in China by the end of Jan. And begin to shipping all keycaps out by the beginning of February. The price is ¥1150=$185.
Just prepare the money. :)
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 06:27:08 »
But I think it's expensive with mockup like below picture.

« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:53:06 by quochung1989 »

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 07:35:45 »
Just a ridiculous hijack price, nothing special with the colors.
GLHF

Btw windowed keycaps with pad printing just look awfully bad and not matching well when putting together with doubleshot ones. I had them inspected in real life, they just sucks coz only look good in pictures.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 January 2015, 07:39:57 by WinterIsle »

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #209 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 15:12:41 »
But I think it's expensive with mockup like below picture
:eek:

This is my endgame set.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 08:03:10 »

But I think it's expensive with mockup like below picture

I would love both the red and blue sets.

Shame about the prices :(

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 09:21:12 »
whoops... posted in wrong thread.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 January 2015, 10:01:41 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 14:05:39 »
Where in line is this group buy? I understand on GH you usually only have one/two GMK group buys at a time. I reckon the TA and Cyan ones are up there.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 14:26:33 »
Where in line is this group buy? I understand on GH you usually only have one/two GMK group buys at a time. I reckon the TA and Cyan ones are up there.

Last I heard we didn't even come close to 250 on the interest check form.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:51:27 »
After looking at the pictures comparing the Originative Olivetti (N5 blue) vs the new Chinese Olivetti (V4 blue), I'm going to say definitely go with the N5.

N5 is a lighter blue, but it'll translate to a lot vibrant and beautiful looking set, since V4 is way too dark and therefore looks dull.

I have actual V4 and N5 keycaps infront me as well as GMK's colour ring, so I am not basing my thoughts off photos, but of actual keycaps.

Another reason would be to diversify from the Chinese GB, which isn't a bad thing.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:53:59 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:50:33 »

Last I heard we didn't even come close to 250 on the interest check form.
Yeah I hate to be a downer but I just can't see this getting there. Lacklustre response AND there is another Olivetti set already available through the Chinese forums and Taobao.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:47:58 »
After looking at the pictures comparing the Originative Olivetti (N5 blue) vs the new Chinese Olivetti (V4 blue), I'm going to say definitely go with the N5.

N5 is a lighter blue, but it'll translate to a lot vibrant and beautiful looking set, since V4 is way too dark and therefore looks dull.

I have actual V4 and N5 keycaps infront me as well as GMK's colour ring, so I am not basing my thoughts off photos, but of actual keycaps.

Another reason would be to diversify from the Chinese GB, which isn't a bad thing.
Do you have real picture about Chinese Olivetti? I want compare.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:51:13 »

Do you have real picture about Chinese Olivetti? I want compare.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.90.6f5sdR&id=43524388551&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:56:01 »
With that one Chinese guy, neone23 I believe, who bought 250 RA and 250 Olivetti, this pretty much a dead idea.
The sets are of course jacked up in price since he bought them himself, but the point is that this set has already happened and it would be damaging to the guy to take away from his sales. This wouldn't be very equitable, especially with that risk he took.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 08:05:04 »
Thanks your link, bueller  :thumb:
Chinese Olivetti seems similar original Olivetti than Originative one.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 08:34:11 »
I think the thread starter should state what he thinks about the comments on the Chinese option and also about how many people are really interested in this GB or if they would prefer to source their sets somewhere else.

Offline shawn24

« Reply #221 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 12:47:15 »
no need to talk about the other one, just focus this IC and try to make it

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 13:34:35 »
it's a very big deal because GMK sets struggle to reach the MOQ. a competitor in the form of a readily available set that looks similar to the one being proposed will dramatically hurt its chances of achieving that magical 250 number

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 14:55:25 »

I agree, the problem is that someone opened the discussion of the other right here. I think that was like thread crapping this IC.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 20:40:52 »
Just like what I have said in the Green Mod Set before, I will run the Group Buy first, and if it doesn't meet the MOQ, I may run a gb of A profile bottom row, Insert, Delete, F5-F8, and PRT SC (if GMK can make this key They can make it). 
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 February 2015, 20:44:06 by jonathanyu »

Offline intelli78

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 20:42:03 »
GMK can make PRT SC.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline jonathanyu

Offline justnits

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 00:37:45 »
Just like what I have said in the Green Mod Set before, I will run the Group Buy first, and if it doesn't meet the MOQ, I may run a gb of A profile bottom row, Insert, Delete, F5-F8, and PRT SC (if GMK can make this key They can make it).

when is this groupbuy starting?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 01:05:48 »
Hey jonathanyu, do you think we could try to use a layout similar to Ctrlalt's offering? I think it offers the best balance between all the layouts. Also as an FYI I intend to support your version of the Olivetti, the other offering is just too overpriced and costs almost twice as much as other GMK buys. Remember people he is asking $180+ not including shipping...

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 01:41:04 »
This with choice of color options and different languages! Arabic FTW. That would be amazing!

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 21:47:35 »
Please come through with this GB for us Jonathanyu!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 21:49:07 »
Hey jonathanyu, do you think we could try to use a layout similar to Ctrlalt's offering? I think it offers the best balance between all the layouts. Also as an FYI I intend to support your version of the Olivetti, the other offering is just too overpriced and costs almost twice as much as other GMK buys. Remember people he is asking $180+ not including shipping...

+1 to this.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:30:25 »
We should continue use V4? After I saw Olivetti China, V4 is not enough dark like original color. In additional N5 seems better than.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:35:23 by quochung1989 »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 02:38:17 »
I hate to say it, but I guess it will be almost impossible to reach MOQ with this set, since it's now readily available through Photekq's proxy GB.

I think the demand for a blue GMK set is still there, but maybe we should go for a Raindrop set (blue mods) instead of Olivetti?!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 02:41:54 »
I hate to say it, but I guess it will be almost impossible to reach MOQ with this set, since it's now readily available through Photekq's proxy GB.

I think the demand for a blue GMK set is still there, but maybe we should go for a Raindrop set (blue mods) instead of Olivetti?!

Honestly I think this was going to struggle even before that set was made in China, the response hasn't exactly been overwhelming. Raindrop set would fare much better I think.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 03:09:26 »
Billnye 'll run Blue Mod in the future. If anyone want Raindrop, they can buy Olivetti & Blue mod together. So we should go to N5 color in this group buy.

I don't hope so much but I still wish this GB can happen soon.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 03:16:11 »
Billnye 'll run Blue Mod in the future. If anyone want Raindrop, they can buy Olivetti & Blue mod together. So we should go to N5 color in this group buy.

Billnye's Mod Set will only Support 60% boards.

I think a real set should go for fullsize ANSI/ISO.

Offline pasph

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 03:23:35 »
Massdrop?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 03:24:15 »

Billnye's Mod Set will only Support 60% boards.

I think a real set should go for fullsize ANSI/ISO.
Would be too expensive for most as well, I'd love a raindrop set but I wouldn't buy an Olivetti set to try and make one.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 04:22:31 »
Oh sorry I saw it uncarefully. It seems hard to Olivetti GMK group buy can run. So sad  :-X

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 08:50:15 »
according to billnye's GMK mockup archive, there are ICs in China right now for GMK Raindrop and Red Alert with colored modifiers

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 08:52:21 »
and then we still have to buy through proxy that probably end up with crazy prices...

I started to miss Sherry already
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 09:00:09 »
and then we still have to buy through proxy that probably end up with crazy prices...

This may be avoidable in the future.  A large portion of the price of the sets selling right now could be prevented by using different logistics.  (I'm being intentionally vague, as photek left some details out of his buy, but he's willing to share via PM)

I'm not convinced it would be impossible.  There are a lot of people passing on the current sale due to price (myself included).  If we used Massdrop, it might be very possible.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 09:17:43 »
according to billnye's GMK mockup archive, there are ICs in China right now for GMK Raindrop and Red Alert with colored modifiers

Show Image

Show Image

GMK Red Alert is a set that I would definitely pay a premium for. So beautiful.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 09:17:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Price? Like Olivetti or more?

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 09:31:11 »
these sets will probably be cheaper because there are much less addon keys. exactly how much, i have no idea as i don't browse the chinese forums

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 09:32:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

I find the lack of symmetry in these sets disturbing!

(insert vader meme here)

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 09:34:46 »
yeah, seems like they minimized the amount of secondary keys to cut cost

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:32:39 »
Yes. This is way to reduce costs. I really like this set than Olivetti  :cool:
Very attractive. But the important thing is i like Olivetti than (I am classic fan.)
Hope there is Olivetti GB use this mockup  :thumb: (only use U9 instead N5 on modifier).

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:39:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

GMK Red Alert is a set that I would definitely pay a premium for. So beautiful.

If you are willing to pay a premium then why not just buy the one from Photeq? Is that not a Red Alert set?

But on the topic of getting this to happen, I think we just need to see how well the pre-made sets do. I mean I would love to see some keys added and some taken away, maybe change the grey color, etc.

I don't think it is impossible to get this off the ground but it would take a lot of work and effort. That being said, there are just too many GMK buys right now..
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:41:30 by radio_killah »