Author Topic: Hello All, K/b Pics.  (Read 1727 times)

Offline NeedAFix

• Ten Seconds until Midnight
Hello All, K/b Pics.
« on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 14:27:58 »
Hello,

Starting to get into keyboard modding after finding out how simple the internals are from fixing my CM Storm Ultimate; Figured I'd post some pics of my keyboards.

1st: The first shows my main board, the K70 RGB with the all-color moving profile selected (I have a video on amazon, it is too big to post here though). <3 this board. Clear keys would be an awesome mod, I think.
2nd: The fixed CM Storm Ultimate. Dropped it into a QFP case and it lit right back up no issues. I put the CM storm logo keycaps onto the windows keys and the faceplate that features 'CM Storm' letters, they're from the QFP.
3rd: Third image show some differences (sorry for the dark picture) between the Ultimate on top and the currently non-working Quick Fire Pro that sacrificed itself to save the Ultimate (Full backlighting with MX reds is better than partial with MX browns, anytime).

Feel free to share any modding ideas or advice you have.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 October 2014, 00:04:01 by NeedAFix »
The Bird of the Hermes is my name,
eating my wings to make me tame.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello All, K/b Pics.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 22:00:17 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Very RGB :)

Can you post a link to the video?  I know YouTube links just work (if you change the https to http).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline NeedAFix

• Ten Seconds until Midnight
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 23:45:55 »
Sure, here is the video (unfortunately I can't embed it because it is a video review I did on amazon, purchased on newegg):

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1X5B7SHSM7QL6/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

:thumb:

This is only one of the profiles you can use that a user created for the K70 RGB, called 'megarainbowstraight'. Others have made interesting effects like the matrix code effect when you type and other neat things, you can literally create whatever backlight colors and effects you want, it is an amazing board.

And now I am adding keys with the paint removed on the sides so it shows even more color, it will look awesome when finished (I just have to be careful not to chew up all the keycaps with this insane 35k rpm dremmel I've been using). :)
The Bird of the Hermes is my name,
eating my wings to make me tame.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 23:56:05 »
That's kinda hypnotic :))  I could see myself staring at that all day!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ