Author Topic: Hey there! No more lurking!  (Read 867 times)

Offline ikerclon

Hey there! No more lurking!
« on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 00:54:01 »
Hi! After being two weeks obsessed with mechanical keyboards (I seem to have random obsessions temporarily, including camera lenses, synthesizers, Game Boy chiptunes...), I purchased a couple of them (Vortex Pure Pro and Vortex Poker II). Today I finally received the Pure Pro, and never having used a mechanical keyboard before, I can definitely say THIS is heaven (red switches). So I thought after lurking for several days it was about time to register and step into the light. And let me tell you firstly: you guys have a nice and really rich community. Thanks a lot for sharing!!!

And just for you to know a bit more about me, here's my setup, including the Pure Pro (I am following several key sets on Massdrop and PMK, to get rid ASAP from the default black keys). No shoe, but there is a Baymax!

Looking forward to share and keep learning from you, guys! Cheers!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hey there! No more lurking!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 05:24:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Blue backlighting?  I sometimes wish I'd gone with blue.  My first modern mechanical keyboard has red backlighting, the second has green, the third has yellow.  Probably blue next, if I ever get another keyboard.  With black switches :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ