Author Topic: Choosing between Mionix Avior/Naos, Roccat Kone Pure, or R.A.T.  (Read 2827 times)

Offline whitefang

Choosing between Mionix Avior/Naos, Roccat Kone Pure, or R.A.T.
« on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 01:36:50 »
Looking for a good optical mouse. I think I've narrowed my search down to this handful. I'm looking for something that's good for a claw grip and not too small. I'm worried the Naos or R.A.T. would be really weird for a claw grip. Does the difference between 3000DPI and 7000DPI make a large difference? Depending on what I'm doing I like to use between 1500-3200DPI which would mean that I'd have no use for 7000DPI right? Is there something to be said for a sensor that can run 7000DPI being higher quality though?

Also looking for a good mouse surface.

Offline Bucake

Re: Choosing between Mionix Avior/Naos, Roccat Kone Pure, or R.A.T.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 03:19:41 »
i haven't tried any of those mice myself, but i'll say that i've heard alot of good about the mionix avior 7000.

how much dpi a mouse has isn't really important, other than that it should be enough for you.
so, in theory, a 7000 dpi mouse can be alot worse than a 3600 dpi mouse, for example.
how high the dpi is doesn't decide (at all) how good a mouse is.

the overclock forums are very active and plenty of people there are very knowledgeable and experienced.
(you could consider making the same thread there!)
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline whitefang

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 03:59:22 »
OK thanks. I'll make a post over at OCF.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 06:00:52 »
higher DPI does not mean higher quality, no :p
the Zowie FK1 uses a sensor similar to the one in the Avior 7000, but is actually considered better in many aspects - and it only has 3200dpi.

but yes, OCN (over clock . net :p) are a great resource. just have to learn to weed out the... ones who are not really justifying why something is better.

Offline dmbr

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 08:05:25 »
KPM is the superior mouse, but go with the Naos of you like the grip better; both are excellent mice.

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 09:21:57 »
I have the avior. It's great!
It's slightly large tho, I forgot to read the specs but over a few weeks I quickly adjusted to it.
The scroll wheel is firm and solid, the side buttons are easy to press.
The avior has customizable options for everything. Every mouse button can be changed to another function.
LEDs have many options with many patterns if you like that kinda thing.
It's a bit heavy actually, not sure about the grams but I think it's heavier than the zowie (not sure).
It's also ambidextrous, but very comfortable for me (right handler). Slightly expensive and it's good if you can get it for around $60 or $55.

The zowie apparently has horrible side buttons. Like really really hard to press.
Also it has set(nonchangeable) DPI so you cannot change it.
Other than that I hear it's pretty good.

If you love customization and need and want to adjust your DPI, the avior is great.
If you're fine with the zowie set DPIs and don't really use side buttons, then that is great,

Offline JDorfler

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 06:32:30 »
I'm partial to Roccat due to it's Linux support.  However, any of the mice listed are top notch.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 13:54:17 »
I use claw grip with fairly large hands and the RAT 3 is the most comfortable mouse I've tried. If I were buying new now, I'd get the RAT TE. Great sensor (http://www.eteknix.com/madcatz-r-t-te-tournament-edition-gaming-mouse-review/3/), profiles (and custom DPI settings) stored on-board, on-the-fly DPI change button (Precision Aim button), very light, tough design and Omron switches.   :thumb:
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.