Author Topic: A fellow soon-to-be enthusiast with an empty wallet.  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Nackers

A fellow soon-to-be enthusiast with an empty wallet.
« on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 13:55:28 »
Hey guys, my name is Nackers. I found this place perusing reddit looking for new key caps.

I currently have 2 mechanical keyboards and one on way. The first, a DAS Ultimate S w/ blank keys. Amazing keyboard. I just recently purchased a Ducky Shine 3 with CherryMx Blues and magenta LEDs. Love the keyboard. I love the features of it, but I definitely liked typing on the DAS more. Less typing fatigue and just overall smoother.

I just joined the recent Poker II massdrop. This will be my first 60% keyboard and I'm really excited. I think I'll bring the Poker II to work for my mac mini. My das is there now but the is huge - want something smaller. I got a White Poker II,backlit w/ Cherry Mx Blues. SO EXCITED.

Here is my Ducky Shine 3 with my current setup.

And here is my Das at work w/ my Mac Mini

And here is my cat!

I joined this forum because I have read a lot of good things. I've also read a lot about trustworthy people in the marketplace which is always nice to hear. Sounds like you guys have a great thing going here and I'd love to be a part of it. I'm just starting to get into the Mk world and i'm already loving it. Seeing everyone with these custom setups with different key caps and sleeved USB cables...it's all so interesting and it's so inspiring to everyone working on things they love. There is something about these keyboards and accessories being harder to get that makes the whole hobby ominous and exciting. And frankly it's quite addicting. I just realized i've spent about $450 in just keyboard this past year. I don't regret a single thing.

I hope you all have a fantastic Thankgiving!

Offline slickmamba

Re: A fellow soon-to-be enthusiast with an empty wallet.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 14:12:12 »
Awesome looking setup, and welcome!  I wish I had the money or organization for something like that
Hi :)

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 15:28:51 »
welcome aboard man. i really like your set up, and that ducky is gorgeous w/ the magenta LEDs! i'm getting my first 60% in pretty soon too and i'm just as excited. cheers for empty wallets!  :thumb:

Offline STARLORDCOFFEE

• @watch_spike
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 18:42:23 »
Awesome we are Massdrop brothers!! I joined the Poker II drop as well. I can't wait to have that thing on my desk. I have rubber o rings and a custom cable ready.

Model M              BL82          JD45          HHKB        RF

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 18:47:26 »
I totally dig the lava lamps man, all I think when I see the red one is

MY MOJO!
Friends Don't Let Friends Get Friends Haircuts...

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 07:46:37 »
Welcome!

Nice setup!  that cable mess under the table is rough lol
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 05:32:41 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A smaller keyboard definitely goes well with the Mac mini - I am using a HHKB with mine at the moment.  Anything else seems to dwarf the mini, especially my Model M :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ